When Good Meets Bad - Cover

When Good Meets Bad

Copyright© 2017 by AllAmericanNerd

Chapter 17

I, of course, was the first one to get up around lunch time. While I was fixing me a Nutella sandwich, I noticed that Mary was on top of Emma. I guess that’s what’s it’s like to have a best friend for life. I laughed a little and took a bite out of my sandwich.

“What are you laughing at, Farewell?” Violet got up and met me in the kitchen to look for something to eat.

“Look Mary and Emma” I pointed to them and she laughed.

I heard the door slam, making Mary get off of Emma. It just my mom and she looked at the living room like she didn’t even care. She had a bag of groceries and I think it’s cookies and milk. We could’ve really used that last night.

“What happened?” My mom puts the milk in the fridge.

“We had a girls night.” I explained to her. “I tell you later”

“Well I don’t care as long as you clean up your mess.” My mom went into her room.

Mary comes into the kitchen and goes straight to fridge; started to drink the milk straight from the gallon. I guess she was so thirsty she couldn’t wait long enough to get a glass. Emma groans and finally gets up to go to the bathroom.

“So Penelope who is your friend here?” My mom came out of her room and she was talking about Violet.

“I’m Violet, Nice to meet Ms. Farewell” She shook hands with her.

“Oh yeah, Well I ran into your mom at the grocery store and she said would pick you around two” My mom told her.

Me and Emma was talking, waiting for our company to leave.

Mary was the first to go and then there goes Violet. After they left, I went to take a shower and laid in bed for the rest of the afternoon.

Today will be a lazy day.


I look at my alarm clock--half awake-- and it’s only six in the morning and I couldn’t go back to sleep. So I got up and decide to get ready early. After my shower, I forgot to pack duffel bag for cheer practice so I put a shirt, shorts, and some shoes. Maybe I should do my hair different instead just leave it straight, I mean I’m single now. Which means I could look hotter than ever. Then I thought about and I’m going to curl it today. I have cheer tryout so I’m just going to put it a high ponytail.

I go downstairs to made me some toast with Nutella, of course. Emma comes in, groaning all over the place. I was trying to eat my toast and she’s just staring at me like I’m crazy. What? I’m hungry.

“It’s too early, Penelope.” She takes my other toast that doesn’t have anything on it.

“I couldn’t sleep.” I jacked the toast from her and put some butter on it.

“I guess I’ll get ready.” She takes the toast and goes back in her room. She’s not getting ready, she’s going back to bed. I just know of it. Don’t blame her.


“Emma come on!” I bang on the bathroom door.

I go into the living room and Jordan’s here. I haven’t heard from him since Saturday, I thought I made things awkward at the beach. Did I mention how good he looked in his school uniform? Well just in case, he looks really good.

“Hey. What you doing here?” I tap his shoulder.

“I was thinking maybe we could go to school together today” He rubbed on the back of his neck.

“Yeah” I nodded. “I have cheer practice today so I’m not sure if I can bring you back”

“That’s fine if you can’t” he smiled.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close