Aeal of Ark - Cover

Aeal of Ark

Copyright© 2017 by Dreamer

Chapter 4: Frantic Escape

The strong blizzard, resisting my path was shrinking my chance of saving flebiou. Running footsteps in the snow-covered surface, landing closer and closer gradually, was heard from the distant. I wondered if they had already found out. So, I ran very desperately overcoming the hard struggle, ignoring the environmental complexities and challenging the fate. My foot which was sinking in the deep snow, was able to barely move. I didnt know what kept me going. Even though i was carrying something equivalent to my size, I wasn’t giving up. I would have already given up if it was only me. But it wasn’t about me. I was suppose to protect and save someone precious and dear to me. So, i was trying hard to keep my friend, him, survive.

As i approached closer to the tunnel, the landing of the footsteps increased faster and faster. ‘‘Is it of theirs or some wild animals? No, of course ... it should be them. They may have already found out my plan.’’ I boosted my speed each and everytime when i heard the sound of footsteps approaching closer and closer.

Tunnel was two step a head of me. When i entered the tunnel, i felt safe and comfortable. And as i started walking deeper and deeper into the tunnel, the landing of the footstep started fading. I thought that they had already given up. Assuming the possibility of the situation, I felt relieved and my heartbeat returned to normal. The snow was barely covered in the ground there, so it was easy for me to get through the tunnel. After passing through the dark tunnel, ehen i was coming out of the entrance, the bright sunlight of the morning sun, directly hit my eyes and i remained blind for a few seconds. Opening my eyes slowly, i started to capture the pictures around me. I saw the illusions of some figures standing 15m away from me. It was seen pretty dim from my sight. So i stepped little closer to see the clear shape of the figures. And when the clear view of that picture reflected in my eyes, i noticed that there was them, smiling.

At that juncture, I was freezed from the fear. What?How? When? was thundered in my brain. I turned pale and white, losing my presence and consciousness. It was very hopeless and hard situation. I was surrounded by them from all the sides. My feet and muscles were paralyed from the frantic moment. I thought it was end of the world for me. Suddenly, i felt the weight of my body reduced and some part of my body seperated from me. I was bowled over by such awkward feeling. But when i turned back, I realized that it was actually the body of his, FLEBIOU, which was standing narrowly, about to do a whole new ball game.

Seeing him conscious, i became happy and sensed a huge rock of anxiety departing from my body. Flebiou was looking at me with the gentle smile in his face. ‘‘Why was he gazing at me with such gesture in this situation? ‘‘ I was already about to doubt his action ... and then he walked slowly infront of them. ‘‘What?No ... Dont do ... Are you insane?’’This was what i said to him.

Then he stopped, standing before them, as if he was going to respond to what i was saying. ‘‘I was very lucky to meet you. Thank you for everything that you have given to me. I won’t ever forget the memories that we had together ... It will sound greedy but ... Can you fullfill just one last wish for me?’’. His poignant shattered voice gave me unbearable and unstoppable stirring emotions. I couldn’t help myself from holding back my bursting tears. ‘‘Iijt’s finee ... just tell me’’ ; replied him with my sobbing voice.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close