Once and Again - Cover

Once and Again

Copyright© 2016 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 50

Down at the breakfast table Dakota turns to Sorbo and says, “Guess what?

“What?”

“We are going to have three kids.”

“Only three?”

“Only three! You’re not the one that has to squeeze them out of that little hole you showed me.”

As Sorbo is pretending to be shocked by his pretty wife, Casey says, “Yes you will have three children who are going to be gods. As Aden is neutrality, Loki is negativity and Andromeda is a positive force, so must you have at least three children.”

“Casey, the Book of Odin mentions the number four a lot.”

“Yes, the fourth realm is the most important. The fourth power is the binding force of a galaxy, which is magic. The fourth is motion, which is life.”

“Not only do I have my baby sister back, but at last we are getting some real answers.” Sorbo nods his head in gratitude.

After Casey has become the Seer they bond as a loving family. Casey has come to terms with the lies and the losses.

Finally as the weeks and months progress Dakota starts to show and glow and Sorbo has never been so happy.

Sorbo has long since turned fifty-three and by the time Gift Day comes around Pralene can barely contain itself as they plan for a grand celebration, as they are overjoyed to have their other princess home.

It didn’t take Casey long for her to decide that she wants to be a Knight of Odin. The Children of Method, Prophecy and Design went out of their way not to teach Casey how to use her powerful magic and the elixir suppressed it also, but Dakota has seen to Casey’s training and by the time Gift Day and the New Year is upon them she is a very powerful witch and very well trained in the sword, thanks to Sorbo.

As the New Year dawns, Dakota looks up at her husband as they are lying in bed in each other’s arms. “Are we still going to the City of Divinity?”

“Yes. I guess we need to start putting that together because we will take a wagon for you to travel in instead of a horse, and that means it will take over a month to reach the area, which will still give us two weeks or so before your birthday.”

“So that means we should leave within the week?”

“Yep.”

“How many warriors are we going to take along, my dear husband?”

“Hmm, I think a hundred will be enough to show our worth without intruding disrespectfully on that which has been dominantly a gathering for the Knights of Andromeda.”

“Don’t forget about the Sisters of Trinity, they have always come.”

“True. I think it used to be a gathering for all, but as the Knights of Odin faded from memory and the ranks of the Knights of Andromeda swelled it just naturally took on that essence. Now that Andromeda seems to be on the warpath who knows what it has become.”

“Have you given any more thought to allowing the Sisters of Trinity to join our ranks?”

“Well, it’s not like they serve a specific god. They serve only goodness and tranquility. It is a beautiful organization and I wouldn’t want to take that away from the world.”

“I get that, but the Sisters wouldn’t even exist if the Knights of Andromeda let women join their ranks.”

“Guess what, my precious wife?”

“What?”

“I heard the Knights of Andromeda have a couple of squires who are girls.”

“Really?”

“That’s what Bolo told me after he talked with an old friend of his from Nalla.”

“Oh, that is wonderful. Good for them. Now I think we really should patch over the Sisters before the Knights of Andromeda get them. They are damn fine warriors and have very powerful witches amongst them.”

“Let’s leave it up to Casey. If she says yes, then the Sisters of Trinity will be no more and they will be Knights of Odin, as long as they wish it.”

“I love that you have taken over stewardship of Casey. At every opportunity you show her that she is loved, that she has worth and you give her true tasks to build her confidence and ability.”

“Come on, let’s go ask her.”

“She’s probably asleep. She has been busting her tushy in training hard to become a Knight of Odin.”

“Come on, we’ll wake her up and ask her opinion and then we will make her a Knight of Odin.”

“Really? Wonderful! Well, come on.” Dakota loves her husband.

“Want to race.”

“No fair, I’m getting fat.”

“I’ll tie one leg behind my back.”

“Oh, I don’t think that will be necessary.” says Dakota, seductively, as she starts to kiss down his body. Both of them are standing beside the bed and just when she starts to see her effect upon him she pushes him on the bed and runs out of the room.”

“Oh, you want to play dirty, huh!” He says starting to go after her, but his movement is impeded and he says, “Oh that really is not fair.”

Finally they get to Casey’s door and listen first. Just as Dakota is getting ready to knock, Sorbo throws open the doors and roars into the room and flies on the bed.

Casey screams and Dakota says, “Sorbo, that was not nice.”

“Casey?” Sorbo says in elongated words.

“What?” She asks sleepily.

“We have decided to give you the decision on whether or not we make the Sisters of Trinity, Knights of Odin.”

“You have?” she says, sitting up with Sorbo and Dakota on each side of her. Casey tries to get her bedraggled hair under control and then she says, “Yes then. Absolutely they should be Knights of Odin.”

“Wonderful! Tomorrow we will inform them that the Knight of Odin Casey Star has made them all Knights of Odin and their squires, who they call little sisters, are squires of Odin, if they wish it.” So speaks the Great Protector.

“Thank you. Wait, what did you just say?”

Sorbo gets up and goes over to help his wife up as Dakota says, “As of now, Casey Star, you are a full Knight of Odin.”

Casey screams and hugs her sister. Five seconds later half a dozen knights come running in with their weapons drawn. “At ease knights, we just informed Princess Casey that she is now a Knight of Odin.” The other warriors cheer out for her.

“Goodnight.” says Dakota, shutting the door behind everyone.

It only takes about a minute ‘til Casey comes flying through their door and climbs in bed with them. “Are you kidding me? I’m not going to be able to sleep now!”

Sorbo scoots over and lifts the blankets for the now seventeen-year old princess. As Dakota and Casey both cuddle into Sorbo and start talking as they are lying on his chest, Sorbo sighs contently. The sisters are talking long after he has fallen back to sleep.


“Move out!”

“Casey, our first stop will be to our cottage where Sorbo and I lived for a while after Andromeda took me to Sorbo.”

Both Dakota and Casey have on the golden dress and black leggings that have become standard for the women of the Knights of Odin. As does Sarah, Surrong, Sasha, and Katarina has her own version of it. The dresses are short sleeved and they come to just above the knees. On a cold day some girls will wear a long sleeve black shirt under it and between the golden dress, the black leggings and the black long sleeve shirt they look amazing.

For the most part, the men have taken to wearing a golden long sleeve shirt under their armor. Beyond that they have brown and green battle leathers or full-blown metal armor. On special occasions Olob, the Shimmering, has even let his silver radiance glitter gold, but mostly to entertain children on Gift Day.

It takes them a good week to reach the cottage. The first thing Sorbo and Dakota do is go to Lawson’s old cabin and show him the honor he is do for he died by torture without ever telling the Children where they were.

“Thank you, my friend.”

“I am really conflicted about Andromeda. She saved me and you said she escorted Lawson to the next level and yet she has caused so much havoc.”

“I think we need to keep in mind that not only did the Children use Casey to put false images in her head, but Odin also said that do to the celestial events that are underway all the gods are a little off their game.”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close