War Stories and Other
Chapter 8: Christmas on Patrol

Copyright© 2014 by Dreaded

After taking and passing my Masters Degree in D& D (Ducking & Diving) – Instead of skiing in Insbruck, I was caught for an external patrol/OP session in Porkers. – Insertion was – you guessed it – all my sins klapped in one go – a bloody long walk in, anti tracking the whole way...

I will not repeat my comments at that time sufficient to say is that Mabalahoota had very, very, dark clouds over it.

After a 4 day walk in we established a relaxed base and a wonderful OP...

Frelemo/Gook soccer – I even sent the scores...

Day 6 of our stay we found a Moont that was so starved we thought he was dead – we set up a drip and slowly IV'ed penicillin and Vitamins. The second day we had him we nearly killed him with a dog biscuit he was so hungry – Anyway what a find – this guy hated the Freds and Gooks so bad it was amazing. They had killed his whole family and taken all his farm equipment etc ... not a happy bunny...

His int was so good that I was asked to stay in as long as I could...

O well Xmas dinner was a bit lean as we finished most of our graze the day before and resuply was only the next night. So a wonderful lunch of chopped ham and orange segments...

Our friendly moont turned out to be a coloured chap who was actually very well educated – he spoke English very well as well as Pora, French etc...

Plus Shangaan...

After a week on Muti the guy got well enough that we started eating like kings – nothing tastes better than a little piggy in clay...

In the end we spent 41/2 weeks watching Fred patrols, Gook training and various other activities...

The funniest thing to watch was when an aircraft came over – it looked like a Chinese circus...

The chappy we saved from hunger went back with us and on to do other things and we went to Burg and had fun...

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close