Last Night at the Last Chance Diner - Cover

Last Night at the Last Chance Diner

Copyright© 2014 by Number 7

Chapter 26

After Time

My name is Paul.

I died...

... and then I

lived.

It was almost more than my mind could take. The world simply exploded, and then it disappeared. In less time than it takes to blink, the blizzard was history and I was standing where the diner had once been, watching everything happen at once.

People screamed and cried. The walls and ceiling cracked and then vanished. Sunlight so bright I thought it would blind me replaced the darkness, shining far too brightly into people's hearts and minds.

Those with the most to regret seemed to shrink from the truth of their wasted lives, while others seemed to glow for a few seconds just before they disappeared.

I felt changes inside myself. Just before the diner exploded, my clothes became shiny gold, illuminated by internal light. It would have scared me if I had had time for fear, but things happened too fast.

That was when I realized we were being Raptured. I tried to tell everyone but before I could, I was caught up and brought here to this beautiful place. It is the place where I always dreamed of being.

My heart has changed! It has become bigger, stronger, and wide open to God!

Whatever is coming will come soon. I can feel it. It may already be here. If I am to meet my Savior, how shall I react? Do people fall on their faces and weep? Should I kneel and await His pleasure? Will I know what to do, or will I silently walk along a road following others on the way to the Gate?

Eternity has arrived. Instead of rejoicing, I am confused, wondering how to act. But it's enough that

He has brought me here.

That's enough, because it's everything.

Suddenly Paul was not alone! Brilliant in his glorified body, Gabriel stood before him, no longer disguised as a homeless bum. His garments seemed to vibrate with energy, and his eyes were full of fire and something else.

Paul hesitated in his silent description of the Angel. Gabriel was frightening that was true. His body gave off waves of power, yes, but his eyes told a different story. They seemed calm and almost loving.

The silence between them grew, Paul cowed and Gabriel fierce.

"Do you understand, now?" he asked. "Are you clear about The One's intentions for His creation?

"He has always loved you. Each and every one of you is His special Masterpiece, painted on the canvas of a lifetime, stretched across continents and decades. He has always longed for this day, when His children would finally join Him, forever."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close