Little Girls of Wonder Series - Julie Anne's Magical Adventure - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder Series - Julie Anne's Magical Adventure

Copyright© 2013 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 7

"Knock, knock!"

"Who goes there?" asks a giant adult male dragon.

"It is Princess Julie Anne, come to see my friend Cindy."

"Enter and welcome, princess." So deep and powerful is the voice of the king of all the dragons, that when Goliath speaks the very ground shakes beneath Julie Anne's feet.

"Did I hear that Julie Anne is here?"

Goliath smiles at his daughter and answers, "Yes, child, your bestest friend is here at last."

Julie Anne and Cindy run to each other with joy in their hearts. "Oh, Julie Anne, I was so worried about you. Luke, our friend the hawk, stopped by and said you were on your way. Then it started storming really bad. I would have come to get you right away, but my father reminded me that Luke had already sent the graceful unicorn Marylin to get you and bring you here safely."

"Well, my bestest friend, I am here safe and sound. I have come to invite you to my grand ball of a birthday party."

"I would not miss it for anything in the world."

From behind them, the great Goliath speaks with strength and wisdom, "Yes, the whole magical kingdom is waiting anxiously for our favorite princess witch and future ruler to turn the age of ascension."

"All you dragons are welcome to attend. While those small enough to enter the ballroom will be inside most of the time, but if I know my father the king, and my mother the queen, well enough, they would have planned for all the kingdom's great creatures to attend. Especially since my very best friend is a dragon herself."

Cindy smiles. If you didn't know the greatness of dragons one might think when a dragon is smiling that they are getting ready to eat you, but Julie Anne laughs at all that nonsense, for she knows as long as you do not start trouble with the dragons or their friends the dragons will not harm you.

"Guess what, Julie Anne?"

"What Cindy!"

"Mom and dad have said that we can use the Magical Mirrors while we are waiting for the storm to pass and to get you safely home."

"Oh, the Magical Mirrors! I love the Magical Mirrors!"

The Magical Mirrors are magical mirrors created by the great wizard Merlin a long time ago. They allow for creatures of all species and sizes to be transported to another magical fantasy realm where laughter echoes from the trees and a smile shines as bright as the stars above. And even though the silver and gold stars twinkle above, the blue and pink skies are glorious as it is always daylight. Never does the cold chill you, nor never does the heat make you uncomfortable. The temperature is always perfect. The fun is always alive.

"Thank you, Goliath and Millie, for letting Cindy and me use the Magical Mirrors!"

Millie in her sweet dragon voice, who is blue like her daughter, says, "You are most welcome, princess. Your laughter, your giggles, your smiles make the world a better place. Within each magical fantasy realm there is no danger, so please have fun."

Julie Anne smiles and then turns to Cindy's dad, "Thank you. Thank you, great king."

Goliath returns the bow, for even though the dragons are the oldest of the beings in the magical kingdom of Azure, they willingly bow before sweet hearts and greatness. "You are welcome, princess. Now you girls have fun, we grown up dragons have things that must be done before this night is done."

Again Millie's sweet voice echoes around the huge cavern that makes up but one room of the giant cave system that the dragons call home. "When you girls have tired, come back here for dinner, and then tomorrow, Julie Anne, we will fly you home to your castle, your parents, and safety."

"Thank you. Come on, Cindy! Which mirror should we go into first?"

"Well, you are the princess, so you choose."

"No, Cindy, we are friends. We are equals and we share our turns to choose our fun and games."

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close