Little Girls of Wonder - Martine: the Flower Goddess of Serenity - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - Martine: the Flower Goddess of Serenity

Copyright© 2013 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 7

"Now that the sun is warming the world again, what should be our next adventure together?"

As Martine is sitting up next to the still lying Krager she stretches and yawns mightily. Krager reaches over and tickles her as she has her arms skyward. She giggles and squirms and feels worthy. Touch always seems to make one feel loved and worthy. "I think there must be one more place before we head home."

"Do you mean?" says Krager.

"Yes, we must go to the city of Confusion."

"Oh, I don't like the big city where the people are so numerous they can make it seem like what they say makes sense and is the right way."

"I agree, but it is that very reason that we must make our way there. Every time we go out and about we must stop there and try and show them how far out of balance with nature they have become." Reminds Martine.

"You know they rarely listen to anyone because they only care about being comfortable and getting something for nothing."

"I know, but they are worthy still and from my heart flows compassion and the desire to see the world in balance, as it is meant to be."

"If you promise to hold my hand and give me a hundred hugs and a million little kisses to stop me from becoming annoyed at them, I will come." says Krager.

"Deal!" They pack up their supplies and start heading to their next destination.

The City of Confusion lies on the far side of the Plains of Serenity. The trip is very long when walking along, but luckily Martine is a little goddess and because she wishes only to share her serenity, many people are always glad to help one so pretty with a kind, caring and sharing golden heart.

Once Martine and Krager are again putting one foot in front of the other to continue to proceed with their journey, Martine whistles really loudly. Her magical powers make the whistle echo about as it goes back across the Plains of Serenity back to the Mountains of Chastity, through the Valley of Songs, back again and beyond all the way to the Forest of Trees. High into the sky and deep into the lake does her magical whistle reverberate.

Hand in hand Martine and Krager move along. So blessed to have someone they can share their life's dreams with and to take comfort in each other when the days get long.

From the horizon and beyond comes a most majestic sight as it gallops towards them. "There he is," says Martine, all so proudly that their friend would answer her call so quickly.

"Yep! Glorious and glowing white he comes with his mane and tail streaming out behind. Low and behold once again our friend Willy answers the call of the Flower Goddess of Serenity."

For you see Willy is a unicorn. Big, powerful and white he is the king of the unicorns because he glows with such might. "I knew it was you two because only the Little One can whistle so adorably and yet so strong. Martine, it is an honor to be in your presence once again. If there is anything that I can do for one who cares so much for others all you have to do is ask and it shall be yours."

"I do, I truly do. Willy it has been too long since you have sung us a song. If it not be a burden we were hoping you could give us a ride to Confusion."

"Confusion? Why do you want to go to that city that is full of people who are selfish and full of self-pity?"

"Because they are still creatures of the world and just because they have been led astray does not mean they are not worth the effort to be shown the errors of their ways."

"Sound and kind wisdom that is, Martine, the Flower Goddess of Serenity, and it would be my pleasure to give you and your knight another ride and for the rest of eternity."

"Thank you, grand sir," says Krager, bowing respectfully.

"All aboard and listen to me." Krager lifts Martine up on the unicorn and then he climbs up behind her and puts his mighty arm lovingly and protectively around her. "Hold on tight because we are going to make a very fast flight."

As the unicorn takes off, Martine giggles and laughs because she is having fun with people who love and adore her. "Willy, what wisdom do you have to share with us today?"

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close