Little Girls of Wonder - Martine: the Flower Goddess of Serenity
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2013 by Allan Kindred

"Good morning, Martine. I really like how even with your hair messed up you look all so pretty."

"Good morning, Krager, my friend and protector. I am looking forward to this last leg of our journey. It is neither an ending or a beginning, but I am excited to see what we learn today."

"That is because you are wonderful little girl. Have you thought about where we might go today?"

"We haven't been there in sometime, but I thought we would travel to the Lake of Infinity."

"Sounds great. We will have to get out of this valley and the rest of the mountains of Chastity and then we'll be in the Plains of Serenity."

"Fitting don't you think?"

"I do think, that is why nobody can make me proud and smile as much as a little girl who is pretty and sweet."

"I do not feel like walking out of this valley and the mountains."

"Okay, my pretty precious Martine, snap your fingers and let's be on our way."

"Yes, sir!" says Martine, in a pretty way that always makes her knight fall more in love with her. Martine snaps her fingers and says, "Ta da!"

All of a sudden the Flower Goddess of Serenity uses her magical powers and helps them along the way. One moment they are standing in the Valley of Songs that is located in the Mountains of Chastity and then with a bright flash of golden light they are standing in the Plains of Serenity.

Krager smiles down at Martine and Martine smiles up at Krager. He bends down and picks her up as he is giving her a hug. She smiles all so sweetly and then she kisses him on the cheek because they believe in each other.

With Martine in his powerful arms Krager says, "It should only take us about an hour to reach the Lake of Infinity."

"I don't know about you..."

"Yes you do."

She giggles and continues, "You are right, I do, but I was giving myself literary discretion as a way to say I can't wait until we get to swim again."

"Silly girl, I love you so much and I am so very proud of you."

"I know that is why we do what we do. We explore the universe for those who care to know more."

"One and one is four."

"Silly, boy," says Martine, forever more.

Martine and Krager always like to play games as they travel along. For one reason it makes the time go by faster and for another it always keeps their brains warmed up so they are prepared to learn something new when it comes along.

"Martine?"

"Yes, Krager."

"Do you know why I love you?"

"Hmm, let me think about that for a minute. For sure you think I'm sweet."

"Yes."

"You also like my ideas because I'm smart."

"Of course."

"You like my courage because I am always willing to share of myself to learn something new."

"Most definitely."

"I know you like my pristine fit form because I'm always willing to get out there and work hard for what I want and for others."

"True, true, all true."

"Let's see, you love my giggles through and through."

"How true!"

"You say you can see my love in my blue eyes."

"As deep as any ocean can be and an even prettier blue."

"So, my great knight, did I answer your question?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close