The Protector Chronicles - Redemption - Cover

The Protector Chronicles - Redemption

Copyright© 2013 by Misguided Child

Foreword

I was a little kid when I was taught that God is love. I was a teenager when I started reading the bible on my own. I learned in the Old Testament that God kicked butt when it was necessary. I was grown and had a little life experience behind me before I figured out that God hardly ever violated his own rules; the rules that we all live under. The miracles that He was credited with almost always used a real, live person in the kicking butt business.

Let's talk about His miracles for a moment. Scientists have figured out scientific explanations for a lot of the miracles in the Bible. Even some of the big ones like Moses parting the Red Sea have been explained. Scientists have figured out that with wind strength and wind direction, the depth of the water and the contour of the sea bottom, they can duplicate the 'miracle'. Some people discount His miracles as unimportant when they are explained with science and that really doesn't make sense to me. All the scientific explanation means is that God used the rules He set up to accomplish his goals. The Wall's of Jericho falling have been explained with harmonics from the marching feet and horns. The same principle has been demonstrated with bridges and grandstands. Soldiers marching in step have collapsed bridges. Fan's stamping their feet in grandstands have caused them to collapse. So, it looks like a lot of the miracles were accomplished using existing and understood laws of physics and laws of nature. I guess a person can discount the miracles because they may have a scientific explanation but I would love to hear an explanation of the timing of these 'natural' phenomena. What are the chances that a wind of just the right strength from just the right direction would blow just long enough to let Moses and his people cross the sea? What are the chances that the wind would stop right after the Israelites were out of danger so the waves could swallow the Pharaoh's army? The same reasoning can be applied to the argument between the creationists and the evolutionists. How does the fact that we evolved discount or negate that we were created by God? Maybe He stretched His rules a little by making one evolutionary line self aware but the jury is still out on how that worked out for Him.

God almost always used a confederate when performing the miracles reported. David and Goliath is a very good example. Maybe God could have stepped out of character and killed Goliath on his own but he didn't. He used David to accomplish the deed. In modern day terms you can equate David and Goliath to the Hulk vs. Urkel. Let me correct that. Only those of you that remember the little, skinny black kid in the 80's sitcoms can use that comparison. There were many heroes in the Bible; confederates of God that accomplished great deeds. They gave credit to God for their accomplishments and rightly so. The question is, was credit given because the laws of nature were subverted or because the laws of chance were bent to accommodate their need?

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close