Preservation and Protection
Chapter 12

Copyright© 2012 by radio_guy

We went into the room with Doris, Bethany, and the two prisoners. Doris said, "This is Mark and Missy Johnson, brother and sister. They were prisoners of the other three. Missy was abused by all three of them." Looking over them, I could see that both of them had been crying and Bethany was looking pale.

She said to me, "If they had caught us at the lake, Aunt Jane and I would have been raped, too."

Jane replied, "That's why we fought then and now." Bethany nodded.

I said, "Mark, would you please tell us your story?"

He said, "Yes, we survived the virus. We were adopted shortly after Missy was born. Our birth parents weren't married and must have had other problems, too. Mom and Dad were wonderful people and we loved them very much. They caught the virus and we nursed them until they died. We had lived here, just outside of Bristol, all our lives on a farm. We stayed there tending the animals and wondering what to do. We decided to go into town to get some food and other supplies. We also wanted to find out if others survived. The three of them caught us while we were at the Wal-Mart.

"Th-they took Missy and hurt her. They told her they would kill me if she didn't have sex with them all. She told me later that she did."

Jane interrupted looking at Missy, "All three?" Missy nodded.

I said, "Go on."

"There isn't anything else to tell. That was yesterday. They saw you come out of the hotel and wanted to get you, too. Instead, you got them. I'm glad you shot Mike. He was the worst but Andy was close, just smarter about it."

Jane said, "I think Andy should be questioned again."

Amos said, "I will handle it. He's clever but not clever enough."

He left and returned a few minutes later. He said, quietly, "You bleed a lot when your throat is cut. He had one hand loose."

Doris was beside the two and held Missy comforting her. She nodded at Amos.

I said, "Bethany, Amos, would you please move the trucks to the back. We'll stay here tonight and just avoid the lobby. We'll go elsewhere in the morning to eat." They nodded and left. "Mark, tell me about your farming and your farm.'

"It's not much of a farm. Dad had had problems for the last three years with bad crops like everyone is this area. I don't know how much longer Missy and I could have stayed after we buried our parents. This hasn't been a good year and I don't know all the equipment as well as Dad. He could fix anything."

Jane said, "Would you two like to come with us?"

Missy spoke up with a tremulous voice, "Could we ma'am? That would be great." Her eyes had hero worship writ largely as she looked at Jane.

Jane said, "We will have to talk it over but I believe so. We're heading for western Tennessee and a farm I owned from before the Day."

Missy's eyes were shiny with tears and Mark breathed a "wow."

Jane said, "How old are you, two?"

Mark said, "I'm sixteen. Well, I will be next month."

Missy said, "I'm fourteen. I turn fifteen in October."

Bethany and Amos came back in. I said, "Let's go to our rooms. I'll get a key for Mark and Missy to have a room."

Doris said, "That won't be necessary. They can sleep in our room tonight."

Missy looked relieved. She said, "I really want someone around tonight. Thanks, Momma Doris." From our talks earlier, I knew that Doris had never had children and that Amos had lost his with his wife to the virus. Doris hugged Missy tightly. It looked like a bond had been created helping both.

Missy was an attractive, slim teenager, taller than average. Mark was almost as tall as me and thin. He had enough shoulders to indicate that he would grow into his height later. He had a friendly, intelligent face. I saw Bethany giving him a good once over. I decided that riding arrangements could wait until tomorrow.

I said, "It's late. Let's get to our rooms and get an early start tomorrow. I think we need to go out to the farm so Mark and Missy can pack and get ready to leave.

Bethany slept in our room on one side of Jane while I slept on the other. I was going to have to talk to Jane about these sleeping arrangements. We hadn't been married long enough and our "niece" was much too attractive to be sleeping with us. I woke up in the morning with Jane draped over my body and an erection. She woke just a moment later. She whispered, "Hold that thought." She rolled over, shook Bethany and whispered to her. Bethany giggled and got out of bed, grabbed her clothes and headed out to her room to dress and get ready for the day. Jane turned back over and whispered, "You wife wants that thought! Hurry! Please, George!"

We made love like two teenagers afraid we would be caught any minute. It was fast and torrid. When we rolled apart, my wife said, "Go take a shower. We need to be getting it together."

I went in and started the water. As soon as it was warm, I got in. I finished washing my hair when I had company. It was Jane, of course. We washed each other. It may have taken a little longer but it was fun and, in the end, we were just as clean. We got out, dried off, I shaved, and we dressed. We packed our bags and left the room headed for our trucks. I did my usual watch before going out but, as usual; there was nothing and no one there. Less than five minutes later, everyone was out and we mounted up. Doris and Missy got in the back seat area of Amos' truck. As they got in, I told Amos to lead out for breakfast and then to Mark's farm.

Amos pulled in at a Denny's and we trooped inside after breaking in. We found enough food to give Jane something to prepare another great meal. I contributed by making coffee. Missy joined Bethany in being in awe of my wife as they helped Doris set the table. Amos helped Jane with breakfast. He was a good breakfast cook Jane later told me. We ate a good breakfast and were enjoying coffee and tea. There was no milk that wasn't spoiled.

Jane said, "Mark, tell us more about your farm."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Please, I may look like an old married woman but just call me Jane. Ma'am makes me feel old."

"Yes, Ma, I mean, Jane. Anyway, the farm was where we were raised. Dad and Mom never hid the fact that we were adopted in love. They told us that they didn't just have us. They chose for us to be their children. They were great people. I loved them and miss them a lot."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close