Little Girls of Wonder - Little Dreamer Dolly - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - Little Dreamer Dolly

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 6

Leo wakes up to a lazy Sunday morning. He is so proud of Dolly for coming so far in such a short distance of time. He knows he still wants to see her in the classroom environment. And he really enjoys holding her tight, but he knows he is going to have to put an end to that for this learning time, or it could turn into a crutch, that once it is gone could be used as an excuse to go back to the way things were before.

They eat breakfast enjoying each other's company. It is nice to have the loving and trusting atmosphere of family surround your being. Leo also knows that sometimes tough-love is called for. After they eat breakfast, he makes a phone call and when he gets done he says to them, "I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut my visit short."

"No, Uncle Leo!"

"I'm afraid so, but you have already learned much of what you need to continue on your own. I will talk to your school Monday to see if Tuesday and Wednesday I can come to your class and observe, and then I have to go home Thursday."

"That means your two weeks will only be one," says Dolly.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, but aren't you glad that I was at least able to make it for a week?"

"Of course!" says Dolly.

"Of course." says Katie.

"And that's not all."

"What?" asks Dolly.

"We can sleep together tonight, but for this coming Tuesday and Wednesday you will have to sleep by yourself."

Dolly gets a sad look on her face. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No way, sweetheart. It is all part of the process. The human mind will look for ways to make itself feel better. Sometimes you use fantasizing. Sometimes you might use something else, so we will have to set the standard from the beginning. You must learn to cope on your own through the initial process.

"That doesn't mean the next time I come through you can't cuddle with me on the couch, but for this specific reason you have to take complete and utter control right from the beginning, and then down the road any little obstacles life throws your way won't immediately send you back into old patterns."

"Whatever you say, Uncle Leo. I feel better about myself than I have in a long time because of you."

"No, because of you. I'm glad I could help, but you must understand you have control of your life. You have the power necessary to gain control over your actions and reactions, and to achieve anything you want to. Anything that is important enough to you for you to put in the necessary hard work to accomplish."

"Wow!" says Katie.

Dolly just nods her head and smiles, because it feels good when someone believes in you wholeheartedly. "Okay," she adds bravely. "So, what are we going to do today?"

"Relax, write, exercise, relax some more, and then maybe go through one of the earlier stories so you can see the process of rewriting and editing."

"I had another dream last night."

"You did?" asks Leo.

"Yep!" says Dolly. "Do you want to hear it?"

"Of course!" says her biggest fan, her Uncle Leo.

"I want to hear it!" says Dolly's strongest piece of her foundation, her mom.

"I was walking through the realm of Mystery. I was looking for a magical object that would transport me to the moon. It is called the Wand of Accentuation. All I had to do was cross the magical realm of Mystery, through the Great Plains of History and to the Lake of Practicality.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close