Little Girls of Wonder - Little Dreamer Dolly - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - Little Dreamer Dolly

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 5

"Good morning, Princess." says Leo to Dolly as they yawn and stretch themselves awake.

"I'm looking forward to today, Uncle Leo."

"Good!"

"What are we going to do?"

"I say after breakfast we grab up your mom and go for a long hike. After that we'll come back and write another story."

"Okay."

"Did you sleep soundly?"

"Oh yes, you holding me so tight was wonderfully amazing. I slept better than I have in a long time."

"I think as your mom is making breakfast, you should write down the story you told me last night, and at some point we'll go to the store and get only caffeine free drinks."

"Okay," says Dolly again, happy that she is seeing results and that she is feeling loved.

They take their time eating breakfast, but at long last they drive up Highway 88 and go to a walking trail. As they are walking on the dirt trail that winds its way through the pine trees, Dolly smiles, and turns and says, "Doesn't this look like a place where a dragon should live?"

"It does indeed," says Katie.

"Is it a nice dragon or mean dragon?" asks Leo.

"Hmm," thinks Dolly. "I think this time it will be a mean dragon that wants to eat us."

"Okay! You tell the story as we run along."

Dolly, Katie and Leo start jogging and looking back over their shoulders like the big bad dragon is gaining on them. This is that story as told by Dolly.

"The villagers are running from Burt, the big black dragon that just flattened their homes. Run, run screams the mom. Hurry, I can hear him crashing through the trees as I think he is still hungry, adds Uncle Leo.

"Come this way. We must get to the Magical Talking Tree. He will save us! Just then there is a mighty roar behind them. Dolly, Katie and Leo start twisting through the trees so it will be harder for Burt, the big black dragon, to find them.

"They take a big turn and there in front of them is Burt getting ready to eat them. Of course they are so small they will barely be a bite each to the giant black dragon. Just as the black dragon is rearing back to attack, a fairy comes out and starts flying around his head. While Burt is trying to catch the very fast fairy, Dolly turn to them and says, 'come we must take this time to get away again.'

"As they are running away again, Dolly yells over her shoulder, thank you, fairy, but now run off to safety. As soon as the fairy flies away the big black dragon roars his rage. Once again they can hear him coming their way.

"Just when he is just about to reach them again they arrive at the Magical Talking Tree. Magical Talking Tree, I am Dolly and we seek your protection. The tree that is ten times taller than the dragon says, 'and my protection you shall have.' As soon as the dragon bursts through the trees and into the clearing, the Magical Talking Tree says, 'that is far enough, Burt. I've had enough of you hurting people. Because you are a big bully I am going to shrink you down to size.' A cone falls from the magical tree and hits the dragon on the head.

All of a sudden Burt is surrounded in swirling lights, and then the next minute he is turned into a dragon the same size as a mouse. Dolly, Katie and Leo laugh, and the now small dragon gets tears in his eyes. Leo, still angry at the dragon for him endangering his niece and sister, runs towards the dragon, acting like he is going to step on him. The dragon leaps into the air and flies off with a roar that sounds like the squeak of a mouse."

Dolly, Katie and Leo are breathing heavy, for this whole time Dolly was telling the story they were jogging. "That was wonderful, sweetheart."

"Thank you, mom."

"See what I mean, that there is nothing wrong with Dolly?"

"Yes! Now, if we can just get her to stay focused when it matters, all will be well, and I won't let anybody pressure me to put her on medication."

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close