Little Girls of Wonder - Princess Liliana - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - Princess Liliana

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 2

The next morning one of the female servants runs to the king and queen's bedroom. "Your Majesties, the princess has run away."

"What! How do you know? Are you sure she hasn't been kidnapped?"

"She left a letter for you, my king and queen."

This is what the letter says. "To mother and father. I have seen fit to run away because I have become disillusioned. My love for you remains, but what was supposed to be an expression of my beauty inside and out has changed. What once made me happy and serene wrenches at my heart now, because the fun has been taken away from me. I tried to be the good girl and help the kingdom out, and if you ever decide to be on my side again I will gladly come back. I will gladly be the pretty princess I was born to be.

"I am sorry if you are worrying, mother, but I must go out into the world and once again try and find the natural beauty of all things. If I have to lose my innocence to find it again, I will do so. I know the world is a dangerous place, but I also know my uncle will soon find me and then all things will be made right. Princess Liliana."

The mother, all upset, yells out to the Royal Guard, "My child is gone. Send for the Whiteknight at once." For, you see, the Whiteknight is her older brother. "I don't understand why she has left the warmth of her very own home. What could have become so cold as to drive her away?"

"Fear not, my wife, we will find her quickly. Guard, send out a hundred warriors and trackers to find the princess."

"Yes, milord." says a big guard.

"And get me my brother!" screams the queen, nearly hysterical.

"Calm down, wife, she is just a little girl. The Guard will find her very soon."

"Liliana maybe only seven-years-old, but my brother, the Whiteknight, has been training her to survive and fight since she was three-years-old. If Liliana feels she is in danger of losing her beauty she will be very hard to find indeed. My pretty girl is gone." the queen says, crying. "What was she trying to tell us yesterday?"

"I'm sorry, I don't remember."

"GET ME MY BROTHER!" screams the queen.

"Where is he, milady?"

"He is in the Shadowy Forest along the border with the Kingdom of the Trolls."

"We will find him, my queen."

Ten Royal Guardsmen go running out of the castle and get on their horses and ride towards the border with the trolls to find the Whiteknight. While they are doing that, another one hundred soldiers and trackers start spreading through out the Kingdom of Precious to find Princess Liliana.

Luckily it is summer time, so the nights are staying warm for the pretty princess. What the queen said is true. The Whiteknight has taught the very smart and very fit princess how to be a warrior. She may be a pretty and petite seven-year-old princess, but she can take good care of herself. It is true there are many, many dangers in the world, that is why it is never a good idea to run away, but Princess Liliana is counting on her favorite uncle, the Whiteknight, to come for her.

The border with the Kingdom of the Trolls is a week away from the capital city of Canter, which lies in the Grasslands of Trilliant. Just by chance, the Whiteknight had been having a strange feeling that he needs to see his most beloved niece, the Princess Liliana, so he is already heading towards the royal city of Canter. It takes three days for the Royal Guard to find the Whiteknight.

The guard is riding his brown horse really fast on the road that winds through the Shadowy Forest. He sees another rider coming towards him so he slows down. Once he gets close enough he thinks he recognizes the other rider. He is big, at least six feet tall, he has brown hair and brown eyes, and he has a big brown mustache and is wearing knightly armor. He rides up to him with purpose, but with respect. "Excuse me, great knight, but aren't you the Whiteknight?"

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close