Charlie Char Char - Book 5 - Charlie Goes for a Harley Ride - Cover

Charlie Char Char - Book 5 - Charlie Goes for a Harley Ride

by Allan Kindred

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Kids Story: Charlie talks about not keeping secrets and not doing dangerous things. For preschool age kids. It is up to the reader to read it with great drama and fun.

Tags: True  

Charlie is a black and white cat who likes to swish his tail this way and that.

Clifford is Charlie's owner, and he is a Harley Davidson motorcycle rider. One morning Clifford said to his wife, "Hey, honey, I'm going to go for a ride. Do you want to come along?"

"No, that's okay," she replied. "I've got a lot to do here at home."

"All right. I'll be back soon."

Clifford's motorcycle has two big brown saddlebags on the back. Saddlebags are like schoolbook backpacks. They are a good place to put things when you travel about.

But just as Clifford is getting ready to ride off, Charlie jumps up and—Look!—Charlie has crawled into one of the saddlebags.

"Shh, boys and girls, don't say anything," Charlie whispers as the motorcycle starts to go quickly down the street.

Soon they are riding along very fast and Charlie begins to think that maybe what he has done is dangerous and wrong. The motorcycle leans this way and that and Charlie is almost thrown out of the saddlebags. If not for his really sharp claws holding on tight, Charlie would have fallen out and gotten hurt!

When Clifford stops at the gas station, Charlie pops his head out of the saddlebag. He is really shaking. A little brunette haired girl sees Charlie and says, "Hey, Mister, you have a cat in your saddlebag."

Clifford looks over and sees that it's true. "Thank you," he says to the cute little girl. Clifford bends down and picks up Charlie Char Char. "What are you doing in there, my black and white friend?"

Charlie is still shaking from being so scared. "I wanted to see what it is like to ride a motorbike."

"You should have told me you were there," said Clifford. "And why didn't you boys and girls say something?"

"Don't blame them. I asked them not to," says Charlie.

Clifford says, "You listen to me, little girls and little boys. If anybody tells you 'Shh, don't say anything, ' or 'Let's keep this a secret, ' don't you do it! You tell somebody right away. Okay? Good. Also, don't climb into things where your parents can't see you because someone could get hurt."

Charlie is proud of his owner for caring about all the boys and girls.

Charlie still has to ride back home in the saddlebags, but this time Clifford makes sure he is safe and secure. And Charlie's not scared a bit.

When they get home, Charlie says, "I'm sorry, boys and girls, I shouldn't have asked you to keep a secret where someone might have gotten hurt. Good night, good day, I'm proud of you in each and every way. And guess what? I believe in you, too," Charlie purrs, happy to be home.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close