Little Girls of Wonder - A Story of Hope - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - A Story of Hope

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 8

Allan walks over and picks Hope up. Then Sarah comes over and takes his other hand. Allan kisses Hope on the cheek and says, "Welcome, Hope, to the home of the fairies."

Immediately they are set upon by hundreds of adorable and colorful fairies.

"Look, mommy, aren't they wonderful?"

"Yes. Yes, they are, my precious child." Hand in hand and holding Hope, they walk under the tree heading to the throne of Hisperia, the queen of the fairies.

Within the mighty tree known as The Tree of Weep No More the fairies have made their homes. On every branch there are numerous little cottages. As Hope, Sarah and Allan are under the tree they look up at the spectacular sight, and the homes twinkle like stars.

On the lowest branch, that is just higher than Allan is tall at six foot, is the biggest cabin, and that belongs to Hisperia, queen of the fairies. Now, what you have to understand about girl fairies is that they like to look really pretty.

All fairies, of course, have wings, and their wings are see-through and glittering, but they also vary in color. Hisperia, for example, has pink see-through wings that glitter prettily. Because Hisperia's wings are pink so is her hair, which also sparkles.

The other thing you have to understand about girl fairies is that they are not shy. All of their pretty dresses that go to the knees are see-through. Plus they are almost always the same color as their wings and hair. Of course girls will be girls, and they like to wear many varying colors of dresses.

Hope sees that even though the fairies are wearing dresses made from the finest fairy silk, that they are basically walking around naked. "I tried to walk around naked one time and daddy acted like I was a bad girl."

"I know, baby, but you weren't." Sarah says. Then Sarah and Allan make eye contact because both of them know Jerry, Hope's father, is suppressing her natural beautiful spirit.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't our favorite brother and sister come back to visit us."

"Hello, Hisperia. It is honor to lay eyes upon your beautiful self again."

"Always the sweet talker, Allan."

"Hello, Hisperia."

"Still the lovely girl, I see, Sarah. I am most pleased to have one so pretty and sweet back amongst us. Welcome."

"Thank you. Hisperia, this is my daughter Hope."

"Hi," says Hope sweetly, still being held in her uncle's arms.

All around the big tree are thousands of flowers. Fairies just love flowers and so do little girls. "It is an honor to have the daughter and niece of two of our favorite strays come to give us a call. I have watched your progress across the Great Meadow, and I am very pleased. You have a very keen mind and you have as sweet of a heart as your mother. Hope, you are welcome here, and we are proud to include you into our family."

"Thank you very much, Hisperia. You make my heart feel free. I love your dress."

"Thank you for the kind words. Would you like one while you are here visiting us?"

Hope looks over at her mom hopefully and Sarah just smiles prettily. Hope then turns back to Hisperia and says, "Okay!"

Allan sits Hope down and helps her get out of her cute shorts outfit. As she is standing there, Hisperia raises her magic wand and waves it at her. All of a sudden a bunch of swirling lights surround her, and slowly a dress is made right there on her.

Hope's new see-through dress is golden like her heart, and it sparkles with pink, which is her favorite color. Because Hope is freely sharing of her self with love and courage, the magical realm of Shimmering shines a little brighter and twinkles a little more.

"I love my new dress. It is so pretty. Thank you. Mommy, did you ever wear a dress like this?"

"Yep! Every year your uncle and I came here."

"Look at all these pretty flowers. The smell is so strong it makes you just want to smile," says Hope, smiling and spinning around in her new wonderful dress.

Hope is giggling so prettily that all the little girl fairies come down and start spinning with her. Their laughter makes the world a better place. When Hope and the fairy children are spinning, the sparkles fly off them and it is like a rainbow of shooting stars.

Both Sarah and Allan are watching Hope proudly and with great love. "Hope, why don't you and the little girl fairies go play in the flowers."

"That is a wonderful idea." Hope runs up and hugs her uncle and then her mom, and then she runs off squealing in delight with the other children fairies.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close