Little Girls of Wonder - A Story of Hope - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - A Story of Hope

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 5

As they are looking over to the grove of trees and the meadow surrounding them, Hope asks, "What is the Pool of Cleansing?"

"It is a pond fed by a magic waterfall, and into it you must go or the pure creations that live here cannot come before you. We must be purified before such pure love and wonder can come to us so freely."

"It is nothing like you have ever experienced before, Hope," says Sarah to her daughter. "I can scarcely believe I am here again, and with my most beloved daughter. Today is another good day."

"Yes it is," says Allan. As he looks upon two very pretty and precious girls his heart is again lightened. This is definitely what his heart, soul and mind need. He needs a recharge that only Hope, Sarah and this place of love and wonder can give.

While still holding Hope in one arm and holding Sarah's hand with the other, they start walking towards the grove of trees that are shimmering and twinkling as if they are calling them to its loving grace.

As they are walking up the little hill to the grove of trees, a gentle wind blows. Hope's eyes go big as she says, "The wind smells like chocolate. Mmm, I like this place!" Sarah and Allan look at each other and smile.

Just before they get to the trees, Allan sits Hope down and takes her hand. Sarah, her mom, takes her other hand. Hand in hand the three of them enter the Enchanted Forest. The trees glitter brown and green, and the grass shimmers with gold from the breeze. They follow a well-laden path that twists and turns through the magical forest, and at long last the trail ends and wonder opens up before them.

"Wow!" says Hope. Sarah and Allan let go of her hands and let her go first into a place that has marveled them more than once.

Hope walks into an open area that has neatly trimmed green lawn grass that goes right up to the edge of a pool of radiance that glows pinks and sparkles gold. The open area is as big as a soccer field, and the pool is as big as a kickball field. The beautiful full and lush trees surround the open area as if guarding against any sadness that may try to finds its way into this place of majesty and wonder.

Hope notices that the water is the same color as the sky, and the sparkles in the water are the same color as the clouds floating across the sky.

"So, what do you think, precious girl?"

"I think it is wonderful, Uncle Allan."

"Good!"

They walk right up to the edge of the pond. Hope kneels down by the water's edge and runs her fingers through it. She gets a divine smile on her pretty face and turns around and asks, "Can we swim in it?" Her eyes go big as she sees her mom and uncle taking all their clothes off.

"We must swim in it before we can see our friends again. We must let go our turmoil while in this place and embrace our love, for that is the magic that feeds this place," explains Sarah to her daughter.

Without hesitation or embarrassment, Hope also takes off all her clothes. Just before she walks into the pink pond that glitters gold she turns and asks, "Who are these friends we are going to meet?"

"You'll see," says Allan, smiling expectantly.

Allan takes Sarah's hand and they walk into the Pool of Cleansing together, just like they did the first time they found this place. Sarah was seven and Allan was eleven. Hope is nine years old now and glowing all so prettily. She is unembarrassed that her two favorite people are seeing her pristine fit naked body, and she is not ashamed to see theirs. That is love, intimacy and trust.

After Hope submerges her head entirely in the Pool of Cleansing and comes back up again, an old friend of her mom and uncle's meets her. "Well, hello, little girl." says a green fish who has stuck his head out of the water to talk to Hope.

Hope looks back at her mom and uncle questioningly, but they can't see the fish yet because they haven't submerged themselves in the pond. Once Sarah and Allan come back up they can see the neon green fish. "Uh, hello, mister fish." says Hope unsurely.

"Well, hello, Pangea. How have you been?"

"Well, I be glittering gold, if it isn't Allan and even the lovely and precious Sarah. It is so wonderful to have you visit us again. It has been far too long."

"Yes, yes it has," says Sarah. "Pangea, this is my daughter Hope."

"Well, hello, Hope. It is the greatest of honors to meet you."

"Thank you," giggles Hope.

"Wait right here." Pangea disappears under the water for a second and then he comes back up with a neon purple fish. "Honey, you remember Allan and Sarah. This is Sarah's daughter Hope. Hope, this is my wife Terra."

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close