Little Girls of Wonder - A Story of Hope - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - A Story of Hope

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 1

I hope you love to smile. I hope you love to laugh. I hope you believe in the purity of little girls, because this story is about a pretty and fit nine-year-old girl named Hope who has the power to heal through love.

She has beautiful long brunette hair, and she has the most mesmerizing blue eyes this side of the ocean. Her giggles make angels cry. Her love and compassion for others are marvelous and a wonder.

Hope is so smart and wise that her unique ideas can create worlds unto themselves. Hope is so brave for sharing of herself, that this world is so much more precious with her in it. Hope is so pretty and stylish that she lights up any room when she walks into it.

Hope's smile is so divine, and when it graces this world her rosy cheeks come alive. The only thing better than Hope's smiles are her hugs and little girl kisses. Hope is so open and loving because she knows how wonderful it feels when somebody believes in you. When somebody encourages you and loves you so much they smother you with their own hugs and millions of little kisses.

"My favorite time is when my Uncle Allan grabs me up in his powerful loving and protective arms. He tickles me on the tummy with one hand, and he gives me a million little kisses on my cheek and ear. He says my little girl giggles make him feel more loved than patriotism. For you see my favorite uncle is a soldier in the United States Army, and he is coming home on leave. He is coming home for a long overdue visit."

Allan is a Special Forces soldier. Allan knew from the time he was a young teenager that the call to serve was so strong that it would be his life. With honor and pride, he has served along side some of this nation's finest individuals. Both men and women alike have served right alongside him, and he is a better person because of it.

"In my youth my baby sister Sarah was my favorite person. Now her and her daughter Hope are my favorite people. Not that I love anybody any less, but when I'm around those two amazing girls my heart seems freer and lighter.

"I have been in-country for so long now fulfilling my destiny, my mind has become stretched and strained. I haven't been home since I came back from Iraq before I went to Afghanistan.

"I have met wonderful people there. I hope the very best for them, especially their girls. But I am so tired and empty that I have to take a break. If I am going to find the best part of me again I will find it with the people I love the most. If I can be pulled back from the brink that I feel I am on, I believe it is Sarah and Hope that can do it for me. Yes, I believe Hope is my best hope."

"When is Uncle Allan getting back from Afghanistan?" asks Hope of her mom Sarah.

"I don't know, baby. "He just said he was coming home for a while and he couldn't wait to see us. He sounded so distant and odd. I hope he is okay," says Sarah. "He said he couldn't wait to hear Hope giggle. He said he really needs to hear your giggles while you hug the weariness from his soul."

"I love Uncle Allan so much. I hope he is okay, too."

"He better be, or he won't get anywhere near my daughter!" states Hope's dad. His name is Jerry.

"That is my brother," says Sarah angrily.

"Uncle Allan loves me more than life itself. He would never hurt me!"

"He has been in combat for years now. I'm not saying I don't appreciate and admire his courage and calling, but he himself obviously knows something is going on inside of him. Yes, Allan and me have never really gotten along, but this is not about that. This is about my family."

"I don't care what Allan has gone through. I mean as far as no matter what he has gone through, he would never hurt Hope or me. Never!"

"That's right, daddy. I am Uncle Allan's little babygirl, and if he is in pain or needs help I will be there for him. Why? Because he would be there for me no matter what."

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close