Little Girls of Wonder - A Squire Named Kate - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - A Squire Named Kate

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 7

"It should only take us a couple of hours to reach the end of the Dracola Crevice. It is there where the Serene Measure Forest, the Sierra Marine Mountains and the Plains of Mystery come together. Once there we will make our plans to find and punish the hobgoblin Mizer for taking things that do not belong to him."

"It sounds like a most wonderful plan, my knight."

"Thank you, my pretty little Kate."

Kate is looking especially pretty today. She has two ponytails in her hair tied with pink ribbons. She is wearing her purple dress and purple leggings. Also, she has a divine smile on her pretty face because her knight held her tight all night long.

Cliff and Kate had another good day together, and this one is starting off wonderfully. As her knight holds her tight as they ride Ghost, they both have smiles on their faces. He feels like an honored daddy and she feels like a loved daughter. They have known each other for a short time, so that proves it takes more than blood to be family.

As they are riding along, in a tree off to the right, Harold, the golden brown hawk is awaiting for them to approach. "Cliff, look, it is Harold."

"Ah, Harold, how are you this day, my fine feathered friend?"

"I am most wonderful, thank you."

"Hi, Harold."

"Hello, Kate. I just came from the fairies and they told me that you managed to show the baby unicorn her way home. The fairies say you are a very special girl and they are happy to call you friend."

Kate smiles all so prettily. Not only does Cliff love and protect her, but he has also given her a whole new family of wonderfully kind people, critters and magical beings. "I liked them very much, and they gave me some very pretty clothes. Guess what, Harold?"

"What, Kate."

"I met Gregory, the purple dragoon, and now we are friends."

"Really?"

"Yes, our young miss Kate here saw that he was in need and pulled a mighty thorn from his paw and made him all better." says Cliff with much pride and love for Kate.

"You are truly a special and brave girl, Kate. I will check back in before long. Have a most wonderful day."

"Goodbye," waves Kate as Harold flies off into the skies.

"My most wonderful Kate, what would you think about the idea of you getting your own horse?"

"But I like riding with you. I love it when you hold me."

"Fear not, my squire Kate, forever and a day will I be in your life to hold, protect and love you. Nothing can ever change the bond that is between us. Even if you get your own horse you can still ride with me anytime you want."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Okay."

"What color horse would you like and what would you call him or her?"

"Hmm, I think I would like to get another white horse, and maybe it can be a girl so her and Ghost can have babies."

"What would you call her?"

"I like the name Marabelle."

"Marabelle? Hmm, I like it! As soon as we tell Mizer it is wrong to take other people's things we will try and find one."

"But for now I get to ride with you with your arm around me with love and honor."

"Aye, Kate. Long after I am gone all you have to do is close your eyes and I will hold you until you smile again." Just then Kate smiles prettily.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close