Lost Empire
Chapter 46

Copyright© 2015 - 2019 by Pars001. All rights reserved.

0001 - Tempro
0003 - Conner
0097 - Ace - Zimmel
0098 - Lucy
0101 - Shelby (mother ship) - Derrick
0125 - Lars
0200 - Ellen
0301 - Rodrick
0403 - Johnathon
0667 - Marco - Brown
0778 - Jan
0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)
0908 - Tara - Mara
0999 - Zan
1000 - Sherry - Lucie (for the moment)

Derrick watched in horror as the beam bounced almost directly back toward the empress. ‘There’s not a lot I can do, ‘ he thought as he pulled a strange looking weapon like device from his side and shot at the beam. ‘I can’t completely disable it but she’ll live, ‘ Derrick thought.

Derrick’s beam raced against the beam that was heading for the empress. Finally overtaking it passed it striking the empress. Derrick breathed a sigh of relief it had worked. Then he watched horrified as the energy beam from her gun struck within a half meter of her and stopped. Well, almost stopped, and then it was slowly eating its way through the shield he’d just protected her with.

‘Damn it! I was afraid that it didn’t have enough power, ‘ Derrick thought. Then he started to breathe a sigh of relief as he saw that the energy beam was starting to dissipate. Looking closer he saw it wasn’t going to all fade.

“Move empress or you’re going to get hit!” Derrick yelled as the woman stood there stunned. “Move damn it! It still has enough power to seriously hurt you!”

Still the woman stood there as the beam drew slowly closer to her. Finally seeming to awaken she tried to move away just as the shield failed and the beam struck her arm. There was an acrid smell of burning flesh as the woman began to scream.

Derrick moved back as the lead programmer and the emperor rushed to the fallen woman. Moving as quickly as he could Derrick beat a hasty retreat before the emperor started blaming him. Finally outside, Tempro immediately flashed him out of there. A moment later the emperor appeared looking for the man that had just saved his life.

Gregor looked at his wrist comp as it signaled him. IMT energy again? Somehow this man had secret and classified technology, though in this instance it had saved his life. ‘Perhaps, ‘ Gregor thought, ‘I have this one all wrong.’

Derrick appeared in the control deck of Tempro. “I see that the confrontation was successful.” Tempro told Derrick.

“What!? This was supposed to happen?” Derrick asked incredulously.

“Yes, I have often wondered how the empress lost the use of her arm. After this she never left the emperor’s side. You see he truly did love her, tried to show her every day after this happened. I also seem to remember a short search for a thief or assassin though it was never made clear. Plus the search was called off an hour from now. Almost everything is as it should be.”

“Yes I know,” Derrick said as he fingered the disk he hadn’t been able to install in Mary.

“I’m afraid that you’ll have to try again Sire. From everything I can see this is the last thing that needs done before we can go back. Might I suggest you go now while everything is in confusion? They are obviously hunting for you everywhere but the palace,” Tempro suggested.

Derrick thought about it, the strategy was sound though knowing Gregor he’d be there waiting. He was about to open his mouth when they both heard a voice. “Derrick,” came the soft weak feminine voice. “Emperor Gregor was far smarter than you think. He will be waiting for you though after what you did I feel that he will be alone.”

“Shelby?” A startled Derrick said. “I thought you’d be out for another day or two.”

“Normally I would be, in this instance I had to tell you. Gregor was extremely smart. You are the only one I have ever seen as smart if not smarter. Be careful, his curiosity will outweigh his wisdom for a short time; you have to use that to your advantage. It will be a small window so hurry.” Shelby told Derrick though he could hear her voice getting weaker as they went.

“Thank you Shelby, I will be on my guard at all times.” Turning to Tempro a sudden thought struck Derrick. A sly smile crossed his features then was gone as suddenly. Yeah he knew what he had to do.


Duke Risen’s face and forehead were starting to seriously sweat. Damn that bitch that the fake emperor had taken as his fake Empress was deadly serious. “I want the weapon brought to bear on the ship she is on!” Risen was almost screaming.

Those around him were looking as if they were starting to seriously doubt him. It didn’t matter; he had a hell of a lot more power than either of those fakes. Laughing, he watched as the cannon he’d used on the fake emperor was brought out to bear on her position.

“Empress!” Celeste yelled when she detected it. “The planet is preparing to fire the Chronotron cannon on our position!”

Smiling Shelby said, “All ships redouble your efforts! Increase fire by a factor of four!” As the ships and the captains confirmed, Shelby watched as the planetary generators were starting to strain.

Duke Risen was smiling evilly; well he was ‘til several technicians ran to him. “Sir! The ships firing are taking all the shield and generators can do to stop them. If we fire the weapon it will allow their weapons to hit the castle! We might not even get a shot off!”

Snarling the Duke turned and punched the first of the Techs in the nose knocking him to the floor, his nose broken pouring blood. “Do I look like I give a shit? If we kill that bitch then there is no one to lead them anymore.” Drawing back the Duke punched another tech driving him to the floor holding his stomach as it emptied at the Duke’s feet. “Now get the hell up and get it done! NOW! Or I might kill you myself!”

The rest of the techs grabbed their two downed comrades escaping as fast as possible. The Duke smiled, talk back to him would they? He was going to have to kill one of them when this was over as an example. Then an evil twisted smile lit up his face, yes! As slow and painful as I can!

The Duke moved back into the command room smiling widely. They had lost; they just didn’t know it yet. Suddenly all the screens in the command room went blank then a face that the Duke more than recognized appeared. The Duke’s face twisted into a mask of horror as the face started to laugh at him.

“Pitiful! So pitiful! The Galaxy will be so much better when you are gone Risen. Oh please try!” The voice laughed as Risen was trying to turn it off. “Your entire system is locked up. I suggest you evacuate as soon as you can. I’d say you got about ummmm five minutes!” Risen’s face was scowling now as he was trying every override he could. “Ok three and a half minutes now!”

“I will never give up to a fake like you! You are unfit to rule you---” Risen was shouting.

“In case you haven’t noticed you are actually alone. They all left two minutes ago. I was so looking forward to executing you when I got back. This though I think is far more fitting. Good bye you ass, ‘til you came along this family had more honor than the rest, now? You are a pitiful waste!” The voice finished up then laughed more as all the screens went blank then shut off.

Shelby was watching as the shields were starting to fail. Then her eyes opened wide as she saw a strange reading. “Celeste? Am I seeing this right?”

Celeste appeared replying, “Yes Empress it appears that there is a mass exodus from the castle, though I am still reading one life form within the castle.”

“I’ve got a good idea of who that might be, I---” Shelby started. Stopping her mouth dropped agape as Derrick’s face appeared on the view screen.

“My Empress, he is yours I hope to see you soon. Please make sure that ass is dead!” Bowing low Derrick smiled. “See you soon Shelby!”

A wide smile lit up Shelby’s face, soon! She couldn’t wait!


Lucie wasn’t sure if the plan she had would work but she hoped that it would. Although the A.I.’s were fiercely loyal some of the personalities were still those of older teens. She had to find a way to force the ship to grow. Looking over the readings she saw that Sherry was almost finished with the second set.

“It appears that the rest of the second set is going to be clear.” Lucie stated. “I sure hope that the third set is also. I know you are anxious to get back to Zan.” A slyly smiling Lucie said. “I also heard that he was a good kisser!”

The hologram of Sherry blushed slightly as she nodded with a huge grin on her face. “Oh yes! After the emperor freed up both of us he kissed me! It sent tremors throughout my system!”

Lucie nodded it was almost as she thought. “So if Zan is even prouder of you how do you think he’ll react? I mean you are on an extremely important mission for the emperor after all.” Lucie said as she gave Sherry a hard look.

“I hadn’t thought of that!” Sherry suddenly spoke. “Please Miss Hartwell! Help me to make him prouder of me! I miss him so right now!”

Lucie shook her head she had been right. Hiding her smile she nodded then started to think. “We have to finish up with this brain box then we can go. Make sure you don’t miss a thing, I’m pretty sure that Zan will appreciate that more than anything. Besides rescuing two, instead of the one we came out here for should open a few eyes don’t you think?”

Sherry seemed to be in thought for a moment, and then her eyes went wide. Vigorously nodding her head she said, “All clear on the second set though I am detecting something strange.”

“Let me see please,” Lucie told her.

“It’s right here,” The hologram indicated pointing to a specific reading. “I am not that sure though the reading seems off from what I have seen before.”

“We need to make completely sure before we bring it on board.” Lucie thought about it then made her decision. Opening a channel she called the emperor, and then frowned when he didn’t answer. Shaking her head she then called the Empress.

“Hello Lucie is all going well?” The hologram of the living Shelby said.

“I tried to call the Emperor but got no response.” Lucie said perplexed.

“Let’s just say that he is otherwise occupied. Can I help you?” Shelby replied.

“We are getting strange readings on the second box we found.” Lucie started.

“My god! You’ve already found two? Derrick was right; you are far more highly sensitive than either of us thought at first. Alright let me see.” Shelby said as she looked over the readings. “I see; it appears that there is an energy drawing mechanical virus attached to the box. Sherry use program Zeta five niner. That should clear it. I am very proud of you both. This shows clear heads and thinking, good work the both of you!”

Lucie smiled inward as she watched the look of pride grow on Sherry’s face. There shouldn’t be many problems after this Lucie thought at least I hope!


Derrick was moving as fast as he could, he had to get the disc in Mary before Gregor caught him. Reaching the interface Derrick slid the disc in starting the download. It was almost finished when Derrick heard a voice behind him.

“You there! What are you doing in this restricted area?” Damn it Derrick thought almost there! “Hey YOU! I’m talking to you! Answer me you before I call the guards!”

Taking a deep breath Derrick touched his chest twice, I just hope this works he thought.

“I’m surprised that you don’t recognize me.” Derrick said to the main programmer whose mouth was hanging open.

Gulping the man bowed then said, “I’m sorry your majesty. I thought that you were in the main computer room not here at the interface. Can I help you?”

Derrick’s eyes narrowed as he watched the man pull a small energy weapon though he was trying to keep it out of sight. Derrick nodded his head; this was the son of a bitch that had written that virus program in the first place. The man was slowly advancing on Derrick when there was a pinging signal. Running to the panel the man’s mouth dropped open.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close