Ulternate Naval Story
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2011 by apa maximtrz

The meeting of the minds and final orders.

U-134 Pen 6 June 30th, 1939 1844hrs.

Fregattenkapitän Luger Von Hissllburg stood in the conning tower looking at his map. "Her Kepitan, we have orders to sail." a young conscript yells as he gets up the conning tower. Luger looks at it him and say's "make preparations for getting underway." Navigator, plot a least time course to Greenland." he says as the crew goes about and gets the ship ready for her part in the Nazi's' grand plan.

USS Wichita CA-45 June 30th, 1939 120 miles off of the California coastline. 1800 hrs.

I decide to retire for the night. "XO, I will be sleeping until 0600hrs, gunnery practice to commence at 0800hrs. ETA to Pearl 40 hrs. You have the con, Commander." I say as I leave the bridge. "Captain's off the bridge." a petty officer shouts.

I head down to my cabin and crash on the bunk.


IJN Zephyr I-67 July 1st 0200 hrs. Outside of Astoria Oregon

Naval Lt. Cmdr. Yekiso Kedzuki looked out at his men enjoying the light rain that had started falling. The Radio operator hears a dispatch start coming in.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTOPSecretxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: Lt Cmdr. Yekiso Kedzuki From: office of Vice Admiral Yamamoto

Lt. Cmdr., Kedsuki, you will move from your post and form up with a Cruiser Task Group sailing towards Pearl Harbor, you will escort them to our meeting place outside of Wake Island.

Vice Admiral Yamamoto Sends. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Helm, heading 230, all ahead full." the Commander says to his crew, and the I-67 moves towards Burfoot's Task Group.

USS Wichita CA-45, IJN Zephyr I-67 July 1st 0500 hrs.

I wake up and do my daily PSS., Aand I find that my sSteward has put out my uniform but with a single silver star not the eagles I have had for the past few years. "Chief?" I ask my steward. "Sir, as per regulations as the senior officer present, you have been elevated to Commaodore Rank to prevent tension in the ranks of other ship captains." he replies. "Dismissed, Chief." I say and Salute salute him. He returns the salute and leaves my cabin. I walk out of my cabin to the Bbridge and look at my watch. 0550, "Sound General Quarters, make it no drill." I say to the Officer of the Watch. "Aye, Sir." he says and moves to the board. 30 seconds later I hear the gong sounds going off and the Bosun's voice sending the Crew crew to general quarters, the gGuns make ready on my ship as well as the other ships in the Task Group. "Tell group to commence firing when ready." I say, and my ship's guns start firing.

The ships ships fire over 500 rounds from their main guns. I head back into the bridge. "Bridge, Sonar, we have a contact bearing 030, range 10 miles. They are shallow, classification sSubmarine." the Sonar operator says to me on the bridge.

"Signal all ships to cease fire and have the destroyers determine ship ID." I Say say and head to the flag walk and lift my glasses to the sea and look for the periscope of the sub. "Captain. Periscope 4 o'clock, range 7 miles, scope matches the Imperial Japanese I-40 Class Long-range Submarine Class. They are signaling that they are to form up with the group until we meet up with Admiral Yamamoto's Fleet." the Coxswain Says says to the Radio Operator Standing standing beside me. "Very well, have them move to the Front front and Commence commence Forward Escort Duties." I say. The light blinker flashes with the orders to the sub.

Commander Kedzuki Watches watches through the scope and translates the message from the huge Heavy Cruiser. "Helm, take us to the front, we are the vanguard of this Groupgroup, also advise Admiral Yamamoto that we are in formation with the American Ships..." He he says with pride. ("Blessed Ancestors, thank you for allowing me this opportunity. Me, a mere Lt. Commander, is responsible for the safety of a Task Group that could be called a Force itself.) He says in his mind as the I-67 turns and assumes her position in the front of the Group.

1st Imperial Fleet, July 1st 0900hrs.

Vice Admiral Yamamoto is sitting in his cabin, when a knock comes to his door. "Enter." He he says. aA Sailor sailor enters and bows to Yamamoto "Sir, the Zephyr is in formation with Captain Burfoot's Task Group." the Sailor sailor says. Yamamoto nods and dismisses the sailor. Yamamoto turns his head back to his table to finish the Promotion Draft.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close