Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 235: Quarrel

Himura Kenshin, Myoushin Yahiko, Sagara Sanosuke, Saitou Hajime, Shinomori Aoshi, Makimichi Misao, Takani Megumi. These seven have made landing!

(They have landed on the beach. Aoshi combs the surrounding pine trees with his eyes.)

Aoshi: There's no ambush here ... But I can't guarantee we won't meet with one on this island.

Sanosuke: So are we gonna charge? Or sneak in?

(Kenshin takes a deep breath, then shouts.)

Kenshin: Enishi! Can you hear me? It's me! I've come to take back Miss Kaoru! Come out here! Under this sun--here and now--let's settle this!

(Silence.)

Kenshin: We'll wait half an hour for Enishi to respond. This is a personal grievance. If possible, I want to keep everyone else out of this.

Saitou: And if he doesn't come out?

Kenshin: Then we charge at full speed and take Miss Kaoru back by force.

Sanosuke: That's what I like to hear.

Megumi: You're right ... It's just that any careless action would waste Ken-san's strength.

Misao: But will Kaoru be okay?

Aoshi: We won't need to worry about her. Now that his plans have been ruined, I can't imagine Yukishiro Enishi wanting to add to his problems.

Yahiko: Then it's settled!

(Inside the mansion. Heishin is at the window with his telescope, flanked by his bodyguards, while Enishi still sits motionless.)

Heishin: Did you hear that? There's one cop with him, but that's your enemy out there. If you want to settle things, now's the time. Once the main police force gets here the house forces will attack. Now's when you can still keep it a personal matter.

Enishi: Heishin. Whatever else happens, my fight will be settled today. It's a little early, but I'll give over the organization to you as I promised. So. Get the hell out of here.

(Heishin taps the telescope against his hand angrily.)

Heishin: What? Why are you--

Enishi: You bother me.

Heishin: ... I can't do that. We'll part ways today, but the fact that as of today you're in charge isn't going to go away. If you're defeated and taken by the police, that will naturally have a great effect on the organization. I'm not going to sit back and accept a house of cards. Until the police force and your personal matter are dealt with, I can't inherit your position. If I withdraw now--

(The veins in Enishi's face and neck are bulging.)

Enishi: Heishin. Did you think for an instant that I would lose? You have half an hour to disappear! If you don't, the house forces as well I myself will destroy you.

(Heishin hesitates, sweat standing out on his brow.)

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close