Himura_battousai
Chapter 225: Four Days and One Man

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

(A calm day on the deserted island. Enishi slowly pulls himself into stance, then strikes a tree with his sword, knocking it into splinters.)

Kaoru (from a window, behind him): I'm surprised you can already move like that. I suppose you're not the kind to send your enemies salt.

Enishi: It's no thanks to your bad cooking.

Kaoru: What! Don't eat it then! You only ever eat about half of it anyway!

(Heishin, with his four massive bodyguards, approaches.)

Heishin: I'm sorry to interrupt, boss.

Enishi: Heishin.

Heishin: A word.

(He eyes Kaoru.)

Heishin: What's going on here?

Enishi: None of your concern. What is it?

Heishin: We failed to take care of Gein, and he's revealed the location of our hideout. The Japanese police seem quite capable.

Enishi: I see. But that has nothing to do with me. The organization is yours to do with as you wish.

Heishin: Of course. But there's one more thing. At around the same time, the one-armed man stole a weapon and went on a rampage through the city.

Enishi: Kujiranami ... he was crazy to start with. So? Did he die?

Heishin: No. I don't know all the details, but a swordsman with a scar on his left cheek played a role in bringing him in.

Kaoru: Kenshin!

Heishin (glancing her over again): Hm. I thought you might have something to do with that. (turning to go) The police and that man are on their way, so you'd better do what you can. Of course, the island's a natural prison, so the best plan might be to wait.

Enishi (thinking): Battousai ... recovered?

(Tomoe looks down at him, unsmiling.)

Enishi: That's it. Now I understand. That was why. A living hell was nothing! I'll send him to the real hell--that's what my sister wants! If I kill him with my own hands, she'll smile for me again! If I kill him--!

(A cool summer breeze blows through the Ogata clinic. Kenshin and Yahiko are both asleep in hospital beds; Megumi and Tsubame tend to them.)

Megumi: I'll leave them to you. If anything happens just call.

Tsubame: Okay.

(Megumi goes outside to where the others are waiting.)

Misao: I thought we were good to go. But all he's done is sleep for three days straight.

Megumi: That's not surprising. His wounds from the fight at the dojo were untreated, and then he went without food or water for so long. The wounds to his heart were even worse. And...

Misao: And?

Megumi: Nothing. We just have to wait until he wakes up, that's all.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close