Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 203: The True Intentions of Earthly Justice

Hiten Mitsurugi-ryuu Ougi Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki!!

Watoujutsu Zetsugi Kofuku Zettousei!!!

(Tomoe smiles; swords flash. As they part, a huge slash opens across Kenshin's chest. He falls to his knees, bleeding profusely.)

Enishi: A second later and we would have killed each other ... That was trickier than I thought. My thanks, Mr. Gein. Seeing it once did the trick.

Gein: You're welcome. I feel proud myself.

Sanosuke: How--how could he be faster than the Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki? Why didn't the vacuum from the first attack work on him?

Saitou: Fool. It can't work on what's not above it. His attack stance was sunk down low. If he maintained that stance, using the ground's recoil to the impact of air generated by the first Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki, he had a chance of withstanding it. Then, if he used the power of the vacuum to aim, and half-turned to meet the turning second attack, his attack could hit. The claws and teeth of the dragon that soars the heavens can't reach a tiger gone to earth.

Enishi: You're good. You figured it all out at a glance. But the important things isn't the details. The important thing is that my sister smiled for me. Does it hurt, Battousai? The same wound you gave my sister? But it hurt my sister far more. If you died now it would all be over. That's why I held back. Preparations are complete. Now we begin the true Earthly Justice.

(Smoke pours out of the Iwanbou, cutting Kenshin and Enishi off from the others.)

Sanosuke: Smoke?!

Gein: It's just stage smoke. It's not Otowa's poison, so don't fret.

Enishi: Now we can avoid all unwanted distractions.

Kaoru: Kenshin!

Enishi: In the end ... in the end, death is only an instant of pain. That wouldn't appease my sister or my own hatred. You stole my sister's fiancé. You stole my sister from me. Now it's my turn. Now, I'll steal the one most precious to you! I'll thrust you into living hell! This is Yukishiro Enishi's ultimate Earthly Justice!

(He steps through the smoke towards the others.)

Sanosuke: He's coming this way!

Saitou: Really.

Enishi: You're in the way. All of you but Kamiya Kaoru stand aside.

Kenshin: Wait...

(He can be seen through the smoke.)

Enishi: So you can still stand? Fine, stay there and watch. It'd ruin my revenge if you died--

(Kenshin punches him in the face, knocking him down and knocking off his glasses.)

Kenshin: I won't allow this, Enishi ... Even if Tomoe is smiling down on you, I won't allow this!

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close