Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 184: The New Invincible Tekkou

Banjin: Ha--ha! Jusshiki Invincible-school Raijin-guruma!

(He barrels down, turning furious somersaults, and lands smashing through a building. Otowa touchs down beside him.)

Megumi: It's escalated another step.

Kaoru: That's proof of his confidence in his strength. We can't afford to make light of that power. But--

Yahiko: He doesn't look that bright.

Kaoru: Actually, I'm not sure what that move was meant to accomplish...

Banjin: What was that!

Megumi (looking at Sanosuke): Two of a kind, I guess.

Sanosuke: What!

Otowa: Hm ... It seems the only ones left are these brave young ladies. (extending a hand to reveal the miniature crossbow below his sleeve) Which shall I take...

Kenshin: You've got the wrong opponent.

(He vaults over their heads to land between Otowa and the girls.)

Kenshin: You'll be fighting me.

Sanosuke: Kenshin, the whale-mouth's--

Kenshin: It's all right. Below the arm is a vital spot. The blow he took pierced his ribs to the lung. Even if he's still conscious, until he can breathe again he won't be able to lift a finger.

Banjin: You're Battousai! Sweet! I'm taking you down! But first, I got a little business to take care of.

Sanosuke: Just what I wanted to hear.

(He steps forward, holding the remaining half of the zanbatou.)

Banjin: You're armed today. Ha! Not that it matters. Try it and I'll teach you the strength of my tekkou all over again!

Sanosuke (thinking): Those tekkou are gonna intercept any attack ... but on the other hand, that means he isn't expecting to get hit himself. I'll smash 'em first and just beat him into submission. Now that I can't use the Futae no Kiwami, I gotta count on you one more time, zanbatou!

(They charge. Sanosuke brings the zanbatou across in a level swing; Banjin holds up the tekkou to block. The tekkou shatter.)

Sanosuke (thinking): Thanks, zanbatou ... This time will be your last.

(Banjin only smiles. The tekkou that Sanosuke smashed were only coverings; they fall away to reveal unbroken tekkou underneath.)

Sanosuke: What?!

Banjin (punching him): Whadduya mean, what? I told you I'd do it all over again! Invincible Tekkou to New Invincible Tekkou! Look! They're better shaped and more efficient! (to Enishi) Thanks, I'll use 'em well!

Enishi: Please, feel free...

Banjin (to Sanosuke): Ha--ha! What do you feel now? Despair? Regret?

Sanosuke: My chest hurts. Like somebody made me eat too much. (charging) And my zanbatou died for nothing!

Banjin (punching him again): Shut up!

Megumi: Sanosuke can't keep this up!

(Otowa and Kenshin are still locked in a standoff.)

Otowa: Why won't you move? Do you wish to see your friend die?

Kenshin: If I move, you'll shoot the three in the dojo.

Otowa: What makes you think that?

Kenshin: For whatever reason, that's the kind of man you are.

(Otowa smiles.)

Otowa: How perceptive of you. Then you will let him die.

(Unable to fend off the tekkou, Sanosuke takes blow after blow.)

Kenshin: If he dies here, then then it will be because Sagara Sanosuke was never any greater than this.

Otowa: Ha! Fine words, Battousai! I'm pleased to hear you speak so plainly! Then you will abandon him! You will let him die!

Yahiko (thinking): No! It's just the opposite! If it were one of us or a stranger fighting, Kenshin would never have said that. He said it because it's Sanosuke! The only one he doesn't have to protect ... The only man who can fight alongside Kenshin! Now is not the time ... but someday ... Someday I'll be there too!

(In a balloon above)

Gein: This isn't going well. Banjin won't do anything but attack, and Otowa's determined to wait and trick his opponent into acting. They're the two extremes--in the end, they're deadlocked. If we stay on the sidelines, we'll miss our chance for earthly justice.

(He leaps from the basket of the balloon to a large box hanging below it.)

Gein: I have no choice but to make my move. With the Sangou Iwanbou Moushuugata!

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close