Himura_battousai
Chapter 183: Against the Armstrong Cannon

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

(Using Sanosuke's punch for an extra boost, Kenshin sails high through the air.)

Yahiko: He jumped!

Megumi: Ken-san!

Kaoru: Kenshin!

Hiten Mitsurugi-ryuu Kuzuryuusen!

(Kujiranami is knocked back and falls to earth.)

Sanosuke: Awright!

(Kenshin catches Enishi's eye; he smiles. Kenshin alights on the dojo roof; Kujiranami hits the ground hard.)

Gein: First round to him ... But as long as he has the arm-mounted cannon, Kujiranami can turn it around with a single shot.

Enishi: Somehow, I don't think he's confused about fighting any more.

Kaoru: Kenshin!

(Kenshin shouts; the roof tiles around him shatter.)

Kaoru: Sword-ki! (thinking of Battousai) No...

Kenshin: Miss Kaoru! Now while there's time--get inside the dojo.

Kaoru (thinking): Thank god, it's not Battousai.

Sanosuke: Yahiko! Take a good look. Since you missed the Kyoto fight I don't know when you'll see it again. This is the Himura Kenshin that surpassed Battousai. If he's not up against anyone worse than Shishio, he'll win.

Enishi (thinking): That's perfect, Battousai! The more fight you show, the more deeply my earthly justice will pierce your soul!

(Kujiranami roars and pulls himself back to his feet.)

Sanosuke: He's coming! Quick, get inside!

(He pulls a long bundle from under the porch.)

Megumi: Wait, what are you--

Sanosuke: What? I already knew he had a gun. (He pulls the wrappings off.) I can't leave this all on Kenshin!

Kaoru: The zanbatou! So that's what he meant yesterday when he said he had a plan--!

(It is indeed his old zanbatou, the two pieces held together by several giant metal staples. Kujiranami fires. Sanosuke swings and hits the cannonball; it strikes at the joint and breaks the sword in half.)

Megumi: It broke!

Kaoru: Where's the cannonball!

Kujiranami: Boy--!

(The ricocheting cannonball hits Kujiranami's cannon and glances off, exploding behind him.)

Kujiranami: Loading second shot.

Kenshin: I can't allow that.

(He severs the cannon from Kujiranami's arm, reverses his grip and hits him solidly on the side, just below the arm.)

Kujiranami (falling back): Batto ... sa...

Sanosuke: I don't think the big boy's down for his nap, but that should keep him quiet.

(Banjin and Otowa exchange looks.)

Banjin: Looks like fun. This is where we step in!

Otowa: I hardly like to join forces, but two on two is a better match than two on one.

Banjin: Let's do it!

(They leap down.)

Kaoru: They're coming! The second wave!

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close