Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 146: the Kyoto Story Epilogue 1 The End of the Ten Swords (Beginning)

A month after the battle with Shishio--The heavy rains have passed; it is early summer. And now-- (Kenshin dresses and puts on his sword; coming downstairs, he bumps into Kaoru.)

Kaoru: Kenshin! Are you sure it's all right for you to be up?

Kenshin: Yes. It's all right. I'm well.

(Downstairs everyone is celebrating wildy. A banner reads "Thirty-first celebration of the defeat of the Shishio faction! We'll defend Kyoto to the death! Well done!")

Kenshin: Anyway, with all this noise downstairs I couldn't sleep anyway.

Kaoru: You can say that again...

Sanosuke (trying to eat): Dammit, I can't use chopsticks with my left hand!

(Okina wails a song into a spoon labeled "mic.")

Yahiko (clutching a jug of sake): I'm dizzy...

Omasu (to Sae): I'm really very sorry about all this.

Sae: No worries!

Misao: WHERE'S LORD AOSHI???

It will be another week before repairs on the Aoiya are finished. For now, Sae is letting us stay at the Shirobeko. Sae: You could say it's more like moving in than staying!

Yahiko: You don't have to look so happy about it.

Kenshin: Miss Megumi. Thank you for treating me.

Megumi: Not at all. But you'll still have to be careful.

When Megumi heard how badly Kenshin was hurt, she rushed down. On that day, the sun had set and the moon was in the eastern sky when Kenshin and the others returned. He was on the verge of death. No matter how I called, he wouldn't open his eyes. But now-- Kenshin: Miss Sae, I'm sorry, could I trouble you for a cup of tea?

Sae: Coming right up.

(The party jumps on Kenshin.)

Okina: Oh, Himura, you're finally up! Give us a tune!

Misao (bowling them all over): I said, where's Lord Aoshi?!! (Please tell me!)

Okina: Aoshi? He's at the temple.

Misao: What, again? Since he got better he hasn't gone anywhere else!

Okina: He's had a lot to think about since he got back. Leave him alone for a while.

Misao: Do I have to!

Kenshin: It's for his sake.

(Chou approaches the Shirobeko, toying with a sword.)

Chou: This is it ... the restaurant they've all gathered at.

(Kenshin and Sanosuke instantly realize something is wrong.)

Kenshin: Sano!

Sanosuke: Right!

(They dash out front to confront him.)

Chou (looking hurt): Man ... here I thought I'd make a big entrance and pop ya one before you realized. You really are no fun.

Sanosuke: Haven't the cops caught you yet?

(They move inside; Chou gets his food.)

Everyone: A police officer??

Kenshin: You?

Misao: He's lying!

Chou: Actually, I'm more undercover.

Kenshin: ... So you changed sides.

Chou: They said if I did they'd let me off. Now that Lord Shishio's dead I gotta live somehow. But this spy thing is just to pass the time. When I find something more fun, I'm outta here.

Misao: You can't! You can't!

Sanosuke: Someone shut the weasel-girl up. (She's so loud.) So, what do you want, broom-head?

Misao (being restrained by Kaoru): Don't call me a weasel! (Everyone calls me that!)

Chou: I see you've still got a big mouth, rooster-head. I came all this way to tell you what happened to the other six Ten Swords who were caught and see what thanks I get.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close