Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 125: The Coming

(All eyes are on the giant in armor, standing amidst the ruins of the building across from the Aoiya.)

Okina: They'd go so far...

(The Oniwabanshuu looks stunned, staring.)

Saitsuchi: Yes, yes. Resignation is the crucial human attribute. They come to meet their doom courageously.

Misao (clutching her side): Dammit... (thinking) Everyone's hurt from fighting it out this far. And just when Lord Aoshi was coming back ... they bring out this freak of nature. (glancing at her) Kaoru...

Kaoru: I know. I have no intention of giving in. I promised we'd all go back to Tokyo together. But ... maybe this time ... it's not going to work out.

Yahiko: NOT YET!

(Yahiko has managed to rise to his feet, bleeding and panting hard.)

Yahiko: It's not ... over yet...

Kaoru: Yahiko!

Yahiko: I'm not giving in till Kenshin comes back!

Saitsuchi: Tsk, tsk. That's why you were finished before you began. You fail to comprehend your situation. It would be hard to bear a death you don't understand. I'll explain it to you step by steps, in words you'll understand. Why you never had a prayer. (holding up one finger) Your situation, from a perfectly logical standpoint, point one. The possibility of Himura Battousai's return. I calculate that it is close to zero. Lord Shishio will almost certainly defeat him. It's completely obvious that Battousai will fail and lose his life. And we have no instances of the dead returning to this world. Should Himura realize his predicament and turn back, it will take him two or three hours to arrive here. (holding up two fingers) Your situation, from a perfectly logic standpoint, point two. An analysis of your fighting ability. I see. (looking over the unconscious Henya and Kamatari) To have driven back three of the Ten Swords with a force of less than ten, including women and children, is great indeed. This will require a great deal of consideration on our part. But after your battle, you sustain a number of wounds. To put it bluntly, your fighting strength is spent. Your situation, from a perfectly logical standpoint, point three. An analysis of the fighting strength of the Hagun. This is better demonstrated than explained. Fuji?

(Fuji raises his enormous sword and brings it down on the Aoiya. It smashes, and Okina is sent flying through the air. The Oniwabanshuu scramble to catch him.)

Saitsuchi: From the above three points, we can draw but one conclusion! Your hopes are nil! (shrieking with laughter) All you can do is die!

Yahiko: So what.

(Saitsuchi gives him a cold glare.)

Kaoru: Yahiko.

Yahiko: This has nothing to do with logic! No matter what anyone says, I believe in Kenshin!

Saitsuchi: The young have an unfortunate tendency to believe the impossible possible and confuse dreams with reality. I explained it for you with great kindness and respect ... Very well. You will die.

(Fuji raises the blade again.)

Kaoru: Yahiko!

Yahiko (bowing his head, making no effort to escape): Kenshin! Kenshin!!

(The clang of metal rings out. Kaoru falls to her knees.)

Kaoru: Ya ... hiko...

Misao (staring): Ka--kaoru...

Hiko: Okay, kid. You did good.

(Hiko is standing above Yahiko, blocking Fuji's sword with his own.)

Hiko: By believing in my stupid pupil till the end, you won!

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close