Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 33: Extra Story--Yahiko's Fight (the End)

At the home of the owner of the Akabeko

(Mikio and his men are gathered outside, hooded and masked.)

Mikio: All right ... let's go!

Fighter: Are ... are we really going to do this, Mr. Mikio?

Mikio: What? You're not getting scared now. I told you already, the merchant's money was once the money of the samurai families. If it's not going back in exactly the right direction, who cares. There's no way we can fail. Since the stupid girl gave us the molds for the keys--

(the keys disappear from his hands. Yahiko lands in front of him, keys in hand)

Fighter: It's him from yesterday!!

Yahiko: Guess my pickpocket skills are coming in handy. Dunno if that's a good thing though...

Fighter: Give 'em back, you brat!!

Yahiko: If you want 'em, you'll have to take 'em by force. You should be good at that!

Fighter: Wait, you!

(He runs off. They chase him into a narrow blind alley.)

Fighters: We've got him now! Get ready!

Yahiko (thinking): All right! (aloud) Come on!! This time I can't lose!

Fighter: He's trapped like a rat--

(Two charge together and become stuck in the narrow passage. Yahiko easily dispatches them both.)

Fighter2: What are you doing, you idiots! Go one by one!

(this approach fails as well, since Yahiko is a match for any of them alone.)

Mikio: I see ... he pretended to be chased. Really it was an invitation to a battle in a narrow place where he could fight one on one. Hmm ... a brat, but a clever brat. However, it will prove fatal! Here, he has nowhere to run! Throw your bokutous all at once!

Fighters: But ... that brat took them out easily...

Mikio: I don't care! What are you scared of, you fools! He may have taken one or two, but we'll bury him!!

(they prepare for the assault when they catch sight of Kenshin and Sanosuke standing on the roof behind Yahiko.)

Fighters: Ahhhhh!!! Th-the cross-shaped scar. It must be the one who's so strong... ! And the street fighter Zanza. Run for it! Or they'll kill us all!!

(They flee, deserting Mikio.)

Sanosuke (sitting back down on the other side of the roof, to Kenshin): Hey, you.

(In the background--

Mikio: What are you scared of?!

Fighters: Ahhhh!!!!)

Sanosuke: So that was our move?

Kenshin: I suppose so. However, how did you know I'd be here? I left without telling anyone...

Sanosuke: I knew. You're just too nice a guy to put that lion's cub proverb into action.

Kenshin: That could be a compliment or an insult ... Well, now it's a true one-on-one fight.

Mikio: Who needs those village hoodlums! When it came to the test they were no help at all! How humiliating for this brat to be among those who have fallen to the Kougenittou school. (drawing the sword) You're mine!!

(Yahiko dodges blow after blow.)

Yahiko (thinking): I get it! I can read the lines of his sword! Practice every day paid off. Hate to say it, but I have Kaoru to thank for that...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close