Destiny's Road
Chapter 18

Copyright© 2015 by Lumpy

We arrived at Zoe's house a little later than most everyone else, mostly because Vicki decided she wanted to fool around in the shower while we were getting cleaned up. I wasn't sure why, but Vicki was being exceptionally feisty all evening ... not that I was complaining.

The house was really decorated. There were balloons tied to the mailbox, and a big banner that said "Happy Birthday Zoe" hanging down, right as you walked into the door. More balloons, pretty much all pink, were scattered around the house. Kids were standing in small groups talking. No one had discussed the plans for the party so I wasn't sure what to expect. My guess was that nothing had started, yet. I did, however, recognize everyone. They were all part of our social groups at school. They included kids from the cheerleading squad, the football and basketball teams, and some additional kids that had been helping during the study sessions. I also noticed Tina talking to some of the cheerleaders, although I didn't think she noticed me yet. It occurred to me at that moment, how completely I was integrated into Zoe's social group. So much so that my sister was also integrated.

When we walked in, Zoe was talking to Tami and Amanda and she hadn't noticed us. I held my finger over my lips when Tami looked past Zoe and noticed me. Sneaking up behind her, I turned Zoe around and kissed her deeply then hugged her.

"Happy birthday, beautiful."

She hugged me back hard for a moment before stepping back.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?"

Zoe started to speak, but Tami beat her to it.

"All kinds of stuff. Mrs. B's got a lot of pizzas and we are going to swim in the pool then do some games. It's going to be fun."

I found it amusing how many people had picked up my name for Zoe's mom. As if on cue she came inside, from the back yard.

"Okay, everyone, get changed and head outside. Pizza is on the way, and the pool is ready."

As Zoe and I started walking up to her room to get our swim suits, her mom stopped us.

"Okay, Zoe, as agreed I will hide in my room until eleven. Then I expect kids to start making their way home. I will stay out of your way, but I hold you to your promise to keep the noise level down, and to behave yourself. Cas, I expect you to help Zoe keep order. Remember that our neighbors can hear you across the fence, so be mindful of them and behave yourself. I would hate to break up the birthday party."

I looked back and forth between them for a moment.

"You aren't going to be at the party?"

She smiled at me as she said, "Zoe informed me that fifteen-years-old is almost an adult, and also reminded me how responsible she has been this year. She already has my gift, and I have promised to stay out of your way tonight, as part of that gift."

There was an interesting look that passed between mother and daughter, which I couldn't read. Still, this would be the first 'parent free' party that I had ever attended, and I was kind of excited. Zoe's mom gave both of us a hug, and wished Zoe happy birthday before disappearing into her room. We both got our suits, but changed separately of course. When Zoe came out of her room, I was floored. She was wearing a revealing two-piece suit that really got my motor running. I gave her an appreciative whistle, and she wriggled her rear at me as she walked past and headed for the stairs.

Outside, several kids were already in the pool. I stopped by the edge and watched Vicki across the pool as she sat on the edge talking to Tami. She looked up and smiled at me, or at least I thought she was smiling at me. It became obvious who she was really smiling at when I felt Zoe's hand on my back pushing me into the water. My arms flailed in a fairly convincing impersonation of a cartoon character, as I went off my feet.

The girls laughed hysterically, both diving in to attack me. Shortly Tami and Tina both joined in the assault as they tried to get past my defense to tickle me. I would get hold of one girl, only to be manhandled from all sides, as my hands were full. I eventually surrendered to their tactical superiority.

Similar scenes were playing out across the pool between the guys and various groupings of the girls. Pretty much everyone at the party had brought a date except Tami and Tina who had both come 'stag.' Following the initial horseplay, the girls all arranged for 'chicken fights.' Two couples would pair off and try and push the girl off the guy's shoulders. Usually the girl would then climb up again, and they would go find another couple to spar against. In my case, I switched girls and rotated through both of my ladies, my sister, and Tami. I hadn't really played games like this, before, and I really enjoyed myself. While the actual chicken fights were great, the best part was having the girls up on my shoulder and having to support them with my hands on their smooth legs. It was a great excuse to do a little groping.

After about thirty minutes, a bunch of pizza's arrived, and we all climbed out of the pool and dug in. Since nearly everyone was involved in one of our groups, either the study groups or one of the two exercise groups, conversation tended to hit those two subjects hard. There had been a lot of competition in both the people doing the morning runs and those doing the afternoon workouts. Everyone was trying to beat the performance of the other people involved and there was significant trash talking. Funniest of all was that the most trash talk came from Andrea.

She was talking very loud to Rachel, clearly intending to have others hear her.

"It is so sad all these big strong guys can't keep up on the track with a little girl like me."

That was funny considering she was the tallest of all the girls in our social group.

Rachel enjoyed her mocking the guys, and egged her on, saying, "They just like to think they are tough. Everyone knows guys can't keep up with girls."

The guys were generally rolling their eyes. This was not the first time we had done this little dance. Andy, Andrea's brother, took the next line in the little play.

"You are forgetting that Cas still beats you. You aren't even close to his time."

I really wished they stopped mentioning me when performance in the workouts was discussed. I truly hated being the center of attention.

Andrea just shrugged, "He doesn't count. No one beats Cas, he is some kind of freak of nature."

Both brother and sister were grinning at me. I, of course, did what I always did. I changed subjects.

"So, what are we going to do, now?"

Vicki spoke up, "I've had enough swimming. How about a game of truth or dare?"

Most of the kids seemed to like the idea, with the exception of Tina and myself. My guess was neither of us had done this kind of thing and the stories of what could happen could be a little nerve wracking. Zoe, however, had no sympathy for me.

"Great idea. Okay guys, dry off and lets all head for the living room."

Everyone followed her instructions, but no one put on more clothes. It ended up with the entire group still in our bathing suits, sitting on towels in a circle in the living room. It was the largest open room in Zoe's house. It also conveniently could be closed off, with the doors giving us a semblance of privacy.

Couples more or less stayed grouped together. It appeared I had Tina and Tami permanently attached to my group at the party, as both girls joined me, Zoe and Vicki.

"So how do we do this?"

Rachel spoke up, "I will start. Andrea, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Okay, who is the worst person you ever dated."

From the look of annoyance on Andrea's face it was obvious Rachel already knew the answer.

"Jack Masuko."

I couldn't help myself, "No way."

She hung her head.

"Yeah, I can't believe we dated for a month. It was in Junior High and I was clueless. I thought he was cool. What a slug."

I could see how uncomfortable she was so I didn't ask anything else. Eventually she looked over at Andy.

"Truth or Dare."

He looked smug as he said, "Dare."

"Okay, take the person to your right on a piggy back ride around the room."

We all laughed when we realized the person to his right was Josh. Andy made it about three feet before collapsing under Josh's weight.

"Get off me, you ox."

It may not have been the risqué dare that I was expecting, but that was pretty amusing. I had to hand it to Andrea.

It was then Andy's turn and he looked at Tami, who took Truth. "When was the last time you masturbated?"

She turned five shades of red as she replied, "Yesterday."

Next Tami dared Quam to make out with Alison Hauge (one of the tutors from the study group), for two minutes. Alison blushed more than he did, and everyone in the room knew she had a giant crush on him. They actually went longer than the two minutes, and we had to tell them to break off and sit back down.

Alison decided to get back at Tami, who chose 'truth' again.

"Who did you think about when you rubbed one out, yesterday?"

Tami looked at Alison for a full minute before answering. Alison looked smugly back, since she knew Tami had set it up so Alison had to make out with her crush.

Tami finally glanced my way then looked down, "Cas."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close