El Yes, We'd Like Some of That - Cover

El Yes, We'd Like Some of That

Copyright© 2011 by Ol'Mac

Chapter 19

WEDNESDAY 11:30 A. M. CST Lake's Edge, Near the Portal


As Mike stepped through the portal to Lake's Edge a message came in over the network that Pilot had revived and was doing quite well now.

Miklit, on arising from hibernation, was of two minds about the outcome. Because although it was glad that it's fellow being had recovered, it still carried the guilt of its previous unawareness. Opening the hatch of the craft and descending to the ground once more, Mkilit hailed Mike and the Crystal Dragon.

'Greetings, companions. Will Pilot be joining us this time part?'

"One moment," Mike sent and spoke. Then a smile broke out on his face as he said, "It looks like Pilot will be coming, along with Prince Elnore and someone you have not had the pleasure of meeting yet."

Looking at the Crystal Dragon, Mike asked on a private channel, 'Would it be safe to let Miklit consume our food products?'

'Yes, My Lord, completely safe. Miklit could even drink the water in Mexico or Europe unharmed. It has a totally different genotype than that of humans. Miklit's consumables would actually make the perfect diet foods for Mankind, ' sent the Dragon with the hint of a snicker.

"Humm," Mike thought out loud, "you know, that might not be a bad idea if it was marketed right. Just imagine intergalactic diet products guaranteed to help you lose those pounds, or triple your money back."

About the time this conversation played out, multiple hoof beats could be heard coming over the hill. As all present turned that way, three of the elf steeds crested the hill. In the lead by a pace were Aliona bearing Elnore followed by Bortran bearing what had to be Pilot, who looked almost exactly like a bloodhound with its nose stuck out the window of a moving vehicle. These two were followed closely by a steed Mike had not met before and what had to be Tao Lin.

Coming to a halt before the group, Elnore dismounted and then held a hand up to assist Tao Lin off her steed. Elnore then turned to face the group, saying and sending, "Greetings to all. I trust this day finds you all hearty and whole." Bowing from the waist, Elnore communicated to Miklit, "Greetings, Traveler, we return your companion to you complete and hale."

At this point Miklit and Pilot went into a dance of reunion that looked like two blood hounds wheezing in each other's faces while doing an intricate, formalized square dance. The one thing that kept the other witnesses from laughter at this event; was the overwhelming joy these beings were radiating to all in attendance.

After seeing that all was well with the two travelers, Mike wandered over to Aliona while creating an apple for her. On reaching his childhood friend, Mike held the apple for her and then flung his arms around her neck in greeting. As he was about to disengage, Mike felt something bump into the small of his back. Turning in place, he came face to face with a smaller chestnut colored elf steed. "And who might you be, Dear One?' Mike asked.

"Illisa, well met and that is a beautiful name, Dear," Mike laughed while creating another apple for his new friend. Patting both steeds on the neck he then moved back toward the gathered group.

Clearing his throat, Elnore announced, "Gentle beings, I'd like to take this time and great pleasure to present the latest addition to our growing corps of Mages. I present Miss. Tao Lin of Chicago, Illinois who has just this morning begun her training in the arts."

At this, there was a burst of physical and mental applause that exploded over Lin and caused her to take on the color of a very hot red pepper.

When the applause died down a bit, Mike suggested, "Why don't we all sit and rest a while," as he created a low slung table surrounded by pillow like seats. "We have much to discuss and decide."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close