El Yes, We'd Like Some of That
Chapter 16

Copyright© 2011 by Ol'Mac

WEDNESDAY 8:35 A. M. CST News Stand, Chicago, IL


Mike cut the link to the conference call after thanking everyone involved. Turning toward his dad, who was collecting money for a Chicago Sun Times, he said, "Hey, Pop, care for a Bolo and cup of Marga's love?"

"That'd be sweet, Sunshine. Just try not to get too distracted by Margarethe's neighborhood gossip, OK?"

"You got it Pops; I promise I'll be in and out. Back in five or less," Mike replied with a snort.

"See that you do, you rascal," Gordan Kilian responded with a twinkle in his eye.

Mike then wiggled his way through the slightly thinning crowd on the sidewalk and headed toward the alley way door to Angelo's bakery. Reaching his goal, he ducked inside and nodded to Angelo, who was busy whipping up another batch of his magic sweet rolls. "Just needed a safe place to port from, buddy," Mike called out.

Angelo glanced up and with a wink, replied, "No problemo. Have a nice trip, Mi Amigo," as Mike disappeared from view.


The first change Mike noticed when arriving at Lake's Edge was that the entry hatch on the space vehicle now stood open. The second were what had to be Miklit and the Crystal Dragon in conversation. Trying to describe Miklit, even in his own mind, was difficult at best. Mike's mind finally settled on a six legged bloodhound with a chin full of long fleshy looking whiskers.

'Greetings again, Miklit. I hope I haven't kept you waiting too long, 'Mike beamed to the entity with an aura of good humor.

'Greetings returned, My Lord, your fragrance is pleasing. I have only been free of my craft's confines for three time parts so far and Guardian has proved most engaging by supplying me with data regarding your planet, social structure and biology. I also would like to extend my circulatory pump felt thanks for the exceptional care given to Pilot, since care was needed desperately and happily, was also very effective, ' replied Miklit while making the posture of obeisance to a superior.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close