Terror Among Us - Cover

Terror Among Us

Copyright© 2015 by maypop

Chapter 5

It was 0700 when my phone went off. I looked at who was calling and it was Robert Boland.

I clicked on the speaker so Lona could hear. "Well gee, boss, we just got four hours of sleep. Can the congratulations wait a little longer?"

"Well, I do want to congratulate you; but, this is serious. You need to go back into Iran. This is voluntary. One of our senators, Nancy Bobbitt, took it upon herself to try to talk the Iranians out of the drone. We have reason to believe she is being held captive in the Kuy-E-Bimeh Police station by the Mehrabad Airport in Tehran, Iran. Do you know where it is?"

I looked at Lona and she nodded her head and said, "Yes, Robert. It's on the Lashkari Expy. We will have to take the Tehran-Sabeh Fwy to Ahmad-Abad Expy."

"Robert, if we do this, it is on our terms; and how we handle the senator is between us and her. I will have to tape her mouth closed to keep us safe. She is one of the most outspoken and obnoxious women. Her mouth can't be stopped in Washington; so, how else am I suppose to stop it? I will not jeopardize my wife nor myself to bow to her needs. She will do what I say until we leave Iran; otherwise, no deal." I said.

"Jimmy, I understand. Let me get back to you in ten minutes. I would have it no other way. She deserves anything you give her, but I never said that!" I am sure, by the look on Lona's face, she heard the same hint of a giggle in his voice when he hung up.

We did our Bible reading and prayed before Robert called back and said, "Jimmy, I talked to the President. His words were 'Do what you have to do.'

"There is one other thing, Robert. Did you see the note that I turned in to General Turner stating that I had Emom to write that he was destroying the drone?"

"Yes, I heard about that note. That was brilliant!" Robert answered.

"He showed promise by leading us around the Revolutionary Guard. Is it possible to give him sanctuary and a pathway to citizenship? I would like to ask him to help us get her out in exchange for his freedom."

"Jimmy, if you are that sure about him, then we will have no problem working that out."

"Robert, give us a couple of hours to talk to Emom. I'm not sure I could do it without his help."

"Sure thing; call me back."

I then called General Turner and told him what Robert said. "General, send someone to Emon's cell to open it and tell him he is free to go. Tell him I want to meet him at the Al Hut Restaurant. Tell him to turn left and go three blocks from the jail. Just watch him without him knowing it. We are going to be about thirty minutes late." General Turner said that would not be a problem.

Lona and I walked into the restaurant only to be grabbed and hugged by Emom saying blissfully, "I was afraid something happened to you!"

"No Emom, we want to give you time to think. We have a mission that requires us to go back into Iran. It seems one of our congress members took it on herself to try to talk them out of that drone I blew up. It is one that we will only attempt, if you go along and help us. I have been instructed by my boss to let you know you have two choices. Number one, you walk out of here a free man to fend for yourself in this country. Number two, you go with us and help us. You will be given full freedom like us with citizenship."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close