Terror Among Us - Cover

Terror Among Us

Copyright© 2015 by maypop

Chapter 1

Captured

My name is Jimmy Cox. I'm a member of the special agency called the CIA.

I was born in Turkey where my daddy was ambassador. We next lived in Iran, and then went to Russia when I was twelve. We remained there until we came back to the United States when I was seventeen.

I met my true love in school. It was in Moscow where daddy was the ambassador to Russia for five years. Her name was Lona. That is English for Alyona. It was instant love between both of us when we first saw each other. We married when we were seventeen which was ok in Russia. She and I speak Russian, Iranian, and English. I learned most of the habits and the culture of both the Russians and the Iranians. I

am the best CIA agent on the west coast maybe even the whole country. Well, maybe my wife is as good as I am. She and I earned fourth degree black belts in Karate in a national competition in Las Vegas. We landed spots as a couple in the CIA. I am six feet two and weigh two hundred and twenty pounds. I only have about five percent body fat. I have a license for flying helicopters and fixed wing also. I flew Tomcats and Blackhawk's in the Air Force.

I hated the assignment I was on now. I was by myself. My assignment was to arrest one of the biggest drug lords on the west coast.

I had been watching and checking when this meeting would occur. I had found out it would occur on this Friday Oct. 25, 2011.

I surveyed the cliff earlier that day. About noon I saw the first helicopter land and watched Scott Cook, and four body guards exit the plane, before it took off again.

Just before dark, I saw the next helicopter fly over just above me. There was no chance of seeing me as I was under a full leaf cedar tree. The helicopter landed on the helicopter landing pad. And Xavier exited with four body guards of his own. One of the guards walked over to the wall and tried to look over it but gave up. I decided the way the man looked and shook his head, he thought, "No one will ever come from that direction.

When I looked through my powerful pocket binoculars I saw a large rock. It stuck out over the ledge of the cliff. To the right of it was a brick wall that it seemed to be against rising up five feet. There was a prison-type roll of barbed wire at the top to protect anyone from access to the estate.

A bunch of smaller rocks were to the left of the big rock. The wire was about a foot above the smaller rocks but below the top of the big flat rock. When I was within two hundred feet of them I could shoot my five hundred pound test line hook among them and climb up. It was almost straight up at that point. O would have to lean out, walk up while my motorized line was reeled in. I knew it would be very treacherous. It was full of small desert brush, which was stiff and sharp on the open skin. There were also cacti.

I watched the guards change for the second timer at 1800 hours. They had changed at 1400. I have reason to believe they will change again at 2200. They relieved the two guards in the back of the house that was exposed to light. They will have a hard time seeing in the dark. I assumed there would be at least two in the front as well. I would have to get to the top before they changed.

I called Lona on the cell phone hidden in my Franklin Bible. It looked like a harmless electronic Bible. It was far from harmless. It had full computer and G. P. S. It was also a satellite phone. It could only be accessed with mine or Lona's finger print on the screen. Anyone else's finger on the screen produced nothing.

"Baby, I am moving I will call you when I can. You know how things go. It can be a long time before I call you back. I may have to email you check your email."

"Ok, darling, I will miss you. Good bye!" said Lona.

"Good bye!" I said.

I painstakingly worked my way up to that edge of the cliff in Laguna Hills, California. Not only would climbing this steep crevice be hard in the daytime, but I would be climbing that steep crevice at night. It was a lot steeper than it looked earlier in the day through the binoculars.

"Lord, I try to do what You want me to do. I read my Bible every day and pray, too. Please keep me safe from the snakes and especially the black widow spiders. Lord, You know I hate spiders!" I prayed in my mind intensely knowing that I dare not pray out loud.

I could see the dark silhouette of the overhanging rocks in the darkness of the sky. When I reached the edge of the cliff, just as I thought, it was reachable by my zip line.

From my belt, I took what looked like a large fishing reel. It was complete with a pressed air canister to send the four-way grasping hook to its destination up two hundred yards. The motorized reel would propel me up the side of the mountain. It was made of a tough plastic. It would make almost no sound.

I aimed the hook up toward the smaller rocks and pulled the trigger. The four-way hook shot up and over the rocks. I jerked the line a couple of times to make sure it was secure. I then connected the hook on the reel to the ring on the harness on my chest and pushed the switched on the side of the reel. It started to propel me up the side of the cliff. I used my hands and feet to push me away from the cliff. Once I was pulled up to the top, I could see the ground was flat. The wall was ten feet away. I walked to the wall and looked at the barbed wire. I tested the wire to make sure it was not electric. I took out my Leatherman and cut the wires in the darkest location under a tree. I folded them back and jumped over the wall.

At the edge of the tree facing the house, I could see the side of the house. I looked at my watch. It was 2155 hours. As I saw before, there were two men at the back of the house by two sliding doors. As I had thought before, there were two men at the front of the house by the door.

I watched the guards change at 0000 hundred hours. Fifteen minutes later, I decided to make my move. I put the reel beside the tree. I would retrieve it when I was finished to propel me and my prisoner back down the mountain.

I watched from the tree. The house was fifty feet away. I looked around for any cameras. I spotted the camera on the top of the house. I assumed it served the entire side of the house. I watched it move back and forth. When it turned away from me, I ran to the side of the house. I looked up. There was an eave hiding me from the camera. What I did not know was there was one in the tree I had just left. I eased to the back of the house and pulled out my 9mm pistol and tapped on the wall. While I was trying to get the attention of one of the guards, I did not see the man slip up behind me. He hit me on the back of my head and rendered me unconscious. The guard who hit me would make Shaquille O'Neal blush.

"The big man! Do you need help carrying him?" asked one of the men as the big man picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder like I was a sack of potatoes.

"Nope, I got him. You stay out here and pick one of the other men to start roving watches. I have never seen anyone come from that mountain but this one did." The big man said.

"What do you want me to do with this intruder?" The big man asked, walking into the large living room where Scott Cook sat with Xavier Gonzalez.

"Lock him in the new storage room and we will deal with him later." Scott said.

"You know, Scott, it will be hard for you to dispose of his body here without creating suspicion. We have completed out transaction. I'll leave before any of his leaders suspect anything and send backup. I'll take him back to Columbia. I need to make an example of some others I have in my organization. Why don't you go with me and see how I handle men like this man here." Xavier exclaimed braggingly.

"I would like that very much." Scott said excitedly.

When I woke up, I realized I was on a helicopter. My hands were handcuffed behind my back. I felt cuffs on my legs, too. My head was throbbing from his horrendous blow.

I did not or give any indication I was awake. I learned this was the best way to survive from previous experiences of me and others. I could also sometimes hear things that were very valuable.

My head was leaning against the corner of the seat and the wall. There was a window right in front of me. I opened my eyes just enough to look out the window to see if I could get an idea where I was being taken. It was black out the window, indicating I was over the ocean. Time went by slowly, but soon I saw the lights from a huge yacht. It must be two hundred feet long. It was obvious they were landing on it. Why had CIA not caught Xavier on it? I am sure they knew of its existence.

When they landed The big man said to me, "I know you are awake. I did not hit you that hard. I am going to take the handcuffs off. You can run if you want to, but just remember, we are thirty miles from land. If you want to resist, just imagine the pain the eight of us body guards can inflict upon you."

"I'll be good. I hate pain." I said, in the best defeated voice I could muster.

"Do I blindfold him, Boss?" The big man asked of Xavier.

"No. Don't worry about it. He won't live long enough to tell anyone about it." Xavier barked, but it sounded more like a growl.

The big man stepped out of the plane and backed up to make room for me to step out of the plane. I surveyed the area around me. I noticed the white bridge of the yacht. No one was displaying guns, but I knew it was not the time or the place to make any stupid moves. There were four guards around me. They led me to the starboard side of the yacht to a ladder leading down the side. I then realized why they had not caught Xavier out of Columbia. Before me was a submarine tied up to the side of the yacht. Without hesitation, we entered the sub. It was a well equipped sub. I was at least allowed to use the head before I was tossed into a room and the hatch bolted down. I knew there was no use trying to open the hatches because I saw a lock on the bulkhead as I was about to be put into the room.

When they shut the door, it was pitch black. They did not bother to take off my watch. I felt for it and pushed the button and activated the small halogen light. I shone the light around until I found the light switch. When I turned it on, I found myself in a small room with a military rack and that was the extent of the room. I looked at my watch and found that it was 0300. I saw a small six inch vent. I felt of it and found fresh air coming from it. I laid down on the rack and was soon fast asleep. When I woke up, my watch said it was 0800. I felt in my pockets and discovered they had removed everything except the Franklin Bible in the snap pocket of my pants. I had to smile. Whoever searched me thought it to be a harmless Bible and left it for me. I wanted to call my beautiful hunk of flesh and tell her I was okay; but, I dared not try because I had no signal. I checked to see if there was a wireless modem on the sub. Soon enough, I found one. I found it was not secure and I quickly sent an email to tell Lona I was okay, then I got off.

I read my Bible and prayed for strength to be able to endure whatever they were going to put me through. I searched my hidden pockets and found my lock-picking tools. Maybe there was hope yet. I placed them back in the pocket and laid down and rested. I knew I would need all the strength I could muster if I was going to have a chance to escape. My stomach was growling for food. I had not had anything since 1700 last night, before I started to climb that mountain. I dosed and thought back about how stupid it was to get caught in the way I did. But, again, who would have thought about putting that camera in a tree? I would have to file that back in my mind for future reference. I prayed to God to bring it up to me when the time came that I would need it.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close