El of a Thing - Cover

El of a Thing

Copyright© 2010 by Ol'Mac

Chapter 14

THURSDAY 1:45 P. M Junction of Vankell Portal and The Nexus


"Michael, what in the worlds were you thinking," asked Elnore, as the group stood within the confines of the Nexus.

Mike then sent him a synopsis of what had transpired in the Time Freeze bubble.

As Elnore mulled over the implications of this, Mike said, "After giving Mazal the key, I couldn't very well leave him to the tender mercies of Kalish. Not at least without trying to blunt the blow some. Just hope it was enough to save him and his brothers." Then a chuckle burst out while Mike continued with, "Of course, now that the Bolo revolution has begun; Kalish and Co. might become a bit distracted."

Rick guffawed out, "Yeah, that was mighty darn sneaky, ya little rat you." While the grin spread across his face.

Galden then spoke in a confused and somewhat pleading tone, "My Lords, please, I do not understand the reference. How and why, would a Bolo cause a Revolution?"

Mike explained with a shudder, "You saw what they considered Haute Couture in landscaping. Just imagine what they must be serving as Haute Cuisine! God, I am so glad we didn't stay for lunch."

Rick tossed in, "Yeah, no joke there. But, does this expedition qualify us as the... Bun-Bun brigade now?"

At this, Mike howled out while grasping his sides, "Oh my God, the bun is the lowest form of humor!"

Elven and Dwarven confusion met in the glancing look that passed between Elnore and Galden. The silent messages flew, 'Must be that creativity thing' was answered by a raised eyebrow saying, 'No clue here, but thank Danu they're on our side.'

THURSDAY 2:00 P. M Surveillance Point Alpha, Chicago, IL


Altman was back covering the window post and marveling at the traffic that was becoming clearer to her by the hour. One nice thing was that the window had rapidly become her favorite spot and Collins was happy to let her have it. This was all still mighty amazing to her as she watched Faries patrol the streets and alleys, along with Puff's multicolored siblings weaving tapestries in the air above Chicago. She even thought she had caught sight of a Dwarf emerging from the manhole in the Bakery's alley earlier today. 'My God, ' she thought, 'this place is beginning to look like Grand Central Station.'

About this time, she glimpsed a group exiting the manhole and another 'Oh, My, God!' rose in her mind. 'It's Him!' Feeling the butterflies start in her stomach and rapidly descend further south, Lisa turned to Collins and said, "Hey partner, you ready for some afternoon fortification? Know I could use some of Margarethe's coffee about now."

"Sounds great, you flying again?" replied Dan.

"Sure. Let's see the color of your money, honey," Lisa said, with an arched eyebrow.

"God's sake, even my own partner has turned mercenary," Collins bemoaned with a grin.

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it before. Fork it over cheapskate," Lisa chided, then asked, "Hey you want another Afternoon Edition?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close