The Magic Box - Cover

The Magic Box

Copyright© 2010 by Uncle Sky

Chapter 2

And so it came to pass that She and Small spent much time together. They kept using the magic boxes but also used land lines to spend much time talking and sharing their lives, hopes and dreams.

Soon the holiday season was upon them. They and all their friends had many good times together but She and Small had the best times alone together. Christmas came and went. New Years Eve arrived. There was much celebrating in the family room.

A friend suggested that She and Small spend the evening on the beach and showed them a place. There were many good natured jokes about the special place. The evening drew close and plans were made.

As the evening progressed there was much music and everyone sending out good wishes over the magic boxes to their friends in the family room. Those who watched the room but did not speak were invited to do so and join the fun. Passers by were invited to stop and join the fun. Even those who were thought to be enemies were sent good wishes.

The wise man watched and smiled. This was good. But he saw something not all there saw. Something special was going to happen besides the coming of the new year.

The party went on for hours. Then it came. A message in the family room from Small to She.

"To all in the room I ask attention. I Small Hot Water ask She Who Is Not Seen to become my life partner. To be my wife and share the joy of life together with me."

There was a hush in the room. The wise man smiled. This was good. There were a few comments but the party continued as they waited for She to respond. The clock ticked as the wise man waited for what he knew would be the answer Small wanted. Then as the hour approached to start the new year, it came. A message on the magic box from She.

"I, She Who Is Not Seen, say to you, Small Hot Water, that I accept this honor you have offered me. I will join you in the celebration of life together. We will show the world the meaning of joy as we travel the path to happiness together as one."

The people of the family room erupted in shouts and cheering. The wise man smiled so wide that he was in danger of splitting his face. Congratulatory messages poured in from all the people of the room and even those who only watch sent wishes for happy times to the couple.

She and Small were joyful and began sending messages over the magic box using both their names as a sign of togetherness. It was good.

The new year started off with the happiest news any could imagine. There was much joy and singing in the family room.

As the night progressed things became quieter. No one noticed that Small and She had slipped away. But the wise man did and knew they were together as it should be. They were sharing this special moment with each other by land line.

The party died out and people went to bed. In the morning there was sunshine. The people of the family room began to ask about plans for the wedding, Small and She were not ready yet to announce plans. They were engaged and that was enough for that time. They were happy and the people in the family room all smiled and felt joy for them.

Well, now again I reach a point where the story might end. Who knows what will come to pass? Not I and I am the wise man. I can only wish that the story may continue for many happy chapters. Who knows? Maybe there will someday be small drops of warm water that will not be seen. :-)

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close