The Magic Box - Cover

The Magic Box

Copyright© 2010 by Uncle Sky

Chapter 1

Once upon a time not so long ago on an island out in the ocean there was born a boy. Now this boy was not special. He was the son of regular people who loved him and raised him to be a good person. He tried. But sometimes he would get into a little trouble.

He grew toward manhood and did well in school, making many friends. His family was proud of him. The day came when this boy, now a young man, felt the need to leave this garden in the ocean and spread his wings. He decided to go to the mainland and seek higher education.

He found a place in the middle of this great land that seemed to suit him and he settled into his studies.

It was while he was out exploring one day that he found a box. This box was a magic box. The box contained a genie who promised him the world. He took the box home and prepared to see the world. He asked the genie to let him find others like himself and was whisked away to a land near a university that was very crowded with many different people.

Most of these people had one thing in common. They were attracted to young girls. This frightened the young man. Was he like these people? Yes he was. And so he watched these people for a while to see what was going on.

He found there were also people there that would destroy the land if given a chance. People that hated what he and the others were.

And he watched. He made friends. He found some he liked and some he didn't. But overall he was happy there.

Then came a day when the genie told the man that he could not go to this land any more. He said that it had been decided that he should not see that which he wanted to see. And so he was left alone again with no friends. Shortly one of his friends came to him and said "I have found another group where we can all meet and have the things we had back in the land by the university. He went willingly.

The new place was a kingdom. There was a king and queen and a wise man. There were all sorts of people. Some were titled and some were not. But all were friends. He joined in and became a contributor.

He still had the habit from his youth of getting into a little trouble at times and so he was named Small Hot Water. Small Hot Water became well known and liked in the kingdom. The time came when he was offered a title. But true to his roots on the garden island he declined with respect.

And so it came to pass that he was given a position instead. He was given the position of promoting the goodness of the people of his island among the subjects of this kingdom. Small Hot Water did his job well even if he did now and again live up to his nic.

As the days passed, there came into the kingdom some who did not fit well there. From time to time Small Hot Water spoke in their defence and from time to time he spoke out against them. He did not think he was heard but it turned out he was and many agreed with him though not always.

Time passed and a sad day came when two of the subjects of the kingdom were whisked away and thrown in a dungeon for putting up pictures that made the subjects of this kingdom happy. They were all saddened by this loss. Then more people from the land of the university came to visit and then decided to stay. These people were stronger than the subjects of the kingdom as they had more powerful boxes with smarter genies. Things worsened when these new arrivals blamed the subjects of the kingdom for the loss of the two who gave them pictures.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close