The Dragon King - Cover

The Dragon King

Copyright© 2015 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 19

Imagine if you will legions of dragons in a myriad of colors. Cavalry so numerous that the very ground shakes at their approach. A wagon caravan so long that it will take several hours for the back wagon to reach the front one. Infantry so numerous that their spears look like a sea of disbelief. There are squadrons of pegasuses and herds of unicorns with witches and wizards upon them. A gathering of such hopes and power where every creature of light has come together to end oppression and dark dreamers.

The first snows of autumn have fallen. The ancient and secret Road of Freedom has long since worn down, but purpose drives this army. Cutting a southwest trek across the continent of Krokaw. Over and through the Harken Mountains on a trail that mostly mirrors the coastline. Looking for the famed West, to begin a journey of glory that has been long put off.

Friends of old renewing bonds that if they had been kept in the first place, this evil would have never spread so far and strong. Soldiers on bent knees professing loyalty and blood. Four nations have come together to confront the two wayward cousins that have become too powerful for their own good, and the good of the world.

The little western nation of Breemer, tipped by the Harken Mountains and covered entirely by the Forest of Trinity. The once great nation of Hisperia, with the Harken Mountains in the north, the Forest of Trinity in the west, the Gojin forest in the east and the Westlanders Plain in the center and south. The beautiful and once peaceful nation of Venloring, besides the Harken Mountains in the north and the meadow plains just before them, is almost entirely covered by the Gojin Forest. The North Country, where the human warriors have maintained their innate strengths and the Magical Ones grace all who come in peace.

Many have forgotten the peaceful doctrines that say religion belongs in your heart and in your homes, not in the daily efforts of life. Once the peaceful republics banded together and set forth constitutions that made beliefs, dreams and ideals unchangeable, even to their own people when acting out of fear and irrationality.

Willing to put forth the payment of blood, not just for today and a week, but also until the very last child raises his or her head in courage and pride and dies, instead of being other than whom they are meant to be.

Of the choices, it is almost always the longer and harder path, but my graciousness, when the dream is as it is meant to be, nothing shines so beautiful as yesterday and eternity.

Amongst the clear and brave it is easy. For those who stand by and watch the tragedy unfold it is your shortcomings not ours that brings history back around again and again. Because of who we are we can only idly stand by and watch mistakes being made, and horrors being ignored for so long.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close