Seeding Hope Among the Ashes - Cover

Seeding Hope Among the Ashes

Copyright©2014

Cast

Character List


A list of characters in "Seeding Hope Among the Ashes". This is meant as a reference only, to be checked any time you encounter a character you don't recognize. Reading ahead may spoil story surprises and is not recommended.

Let me know if you spot any errors and I'll fix them. I'm also open to suggestions on how to improve it.


Book 3:

(character lists for the previous two books are included below).

Adam Miller: 12-year-old brother of one of Alice's friends, Nina (who died in book I).

Adam Foster: 12-year-old brother of Alice's schoolmate, Nine, who died after being exposed to David's blood following an attack. Brother of Wendy Foster.

Adrian: New York City lawyer.

Alice Scott: David's daughter, who feels protective of her dad and feels it necessary to help him whether he wants it or not.

Anita: Tobias' girlfriend.

Anna Fox: Lost 16-year-old rescued by Debbie in North Carolina.

Antario Fontini: Greek expatiot who took in Liz, a young woman who contracted the plague and who Alice and Mattie reluctantly treat.

Ayana: Black woman David rescues from Charlottesville, Virginia, who becomes the groups plasma resupplier (not actually seen in the scope of the story).

Betsy Wanker: Young black girl, favored by Rufus, selected for treatment in Richmond.

Betty: 21-year-old woman, one of three people who hiked cross-country to find David based on stories they heard at Ma's hospital.

Brandon: One of three men who threatened Betty in Lancaster, OH. Left to run seeds back to WV.

Bret: Cyclist. Survived one of the plagues earlier.

Candice: An athletic cyclist in Atlanta.

Commander Charles Bennet: Voted to office as head of the Navy among the survivors.

David Scott: The story's protagonist, an 34-year-old retired accountant who invested all his money in a remote house in the country that others gathered at when things turned bad.

Debbie Allen: 14-year-old girl who came to David's group via Monique Lehr.

Devon Marsh: British actor living near Columbia University.

Doug Stuart: More country of three men who accosted Better in Lancaster, OH.

Dour Dennis: The only person to show up at the prearranged meet in Charlotte, NC. Eager for the promise of treatment, but reluctant to participate himself.

Earl: Volunteer Alice meets in East Village.

Emanuel: Divinity Professor at Richmond Virginia Divinity.

Frankie Sander: Blond Petty Office, Third Class. One of two men sent to escort Natalie before Commander Bennet.

Franklin: Survivor in Charlottesville who who took over a local ranch with Regina Perez.

Greg Adams: 50-year-old ex-cable company employee.

Heather Farmer: Survivor from Charlottesville who took over a nearby ranch with Peter Farmer.

Jack: Part of group from 6th Avenue & 22nd Street in New York City.

Jacob: An overgrown and highly aggressive bore that David discovered on way back from his conflict with Taylor Peterson's group.

Jeff Mayers: A 27-year-old that David met in Harrisonburg, Virginia, who'd taken over a local zoo, trying to save the animals there. (Not directly included in this story)

Jessica Ervin: Another rescue from Harrisonburg, Virginia who joins forces with Jeff Mayers in taking over a local zoo. (Not directly included in this story)

Jody: An athletic cyclist and mountain climber in Atlanta.

John Taylor: Survivor from Hilton Head, SC reached via shortwave in Book 2.

Lassie: A female dog that Alice befriends and rescues in town.

Liz: A young woman that Antario Fontini took under his wing but who contracted the plague. Dies during treatment.

Malcolm: Well-dressed leader who threatened Betty in Lancaster, Ohio.

Martha: Astronomy geek living at the Hayden Planetarium.

Mattie Malcolm: A 10-year-old girl who David and Alice rescued, the youngest of their group.

Max: Texas based pharmaceutical salesman.

Melissa Eisenmann: 35-year-old woman, still overweight despite all she's gone through. Infected by David via an attack by Jacob.

Monique Lehr: Young black nurse David meet at a local hospital along with Debbie Allen.

Natalie: A young 14-year-old Hispanic girl belonging to the Peterson group who David rescues after she becomes infected.

Nate: Part of the Richmond welcoming committee that led Debbie and Natalie into the city. Originally from Philadelphia.

Nick Rogers: A Utah resident who communicates with Alice about their survival and their plans for the future.

Peter: Baptist minister Alice meets in Tribeca.

Philip: Highway gunman.

Regina Perez: Survivor in Charlottesville who took over a nearby ranch with Franklin.

Robert: Misguided accomplice to Phillip.

Rosco: Loose dog who contracted the Great Death by another dog who then infects Sandy Thomas.

Rufus Alders: Black man from who takes on the task on protecting the only woman in Richmond, Betsy Wanker.

Seaman Sammy Taylor: One of two men sent to escort Natalie before Commander Bennet.

Sandra: Middle-aged woman in Washington.

Sandy Thomas: A lost florist lacking enough self-confidence to survive on her own in this new world.

Taylor: Actuarial runner from midtown New York City.

Taylor Peterson: A 72-year-old wealthy financier turned leader of a group of survivors that oppose what David and his group represents. (Not directly included in this story)

Thomas #1: 38-year-old survivor of the government collapse in Washington, D.C.

Thomas #2: Leader of group of survivors in Tribeca, New York City.

Tim: 23-year-old emotionally broken man.

Tobias: Survivor from the Bahamas reached via shortwave in Book 2.

Tom Landers: A medical researcher who sought David out after hearing he had power, facilities and someone who'd recovered from the initial plagues.

Tom Reynolds: First Mate. An undertrained communications officer.

Tony: Fort Lee, New Jersey native who attempts to prevent Alice from crossing into Manhattan.

Tricia: A 36-year-old Hispanic woman belonging to the Peterson group who reaches out to David to save her daughter Natalie after she comes down with a Great Death infection.

Valerie: Member of Tribeca, New York City group.

Wendy Foster: 11-year-old sister of Alice's schoolmate, Nina who died after being exposed to David's blood following an attack. Sister of Adam Miller.

Wilber: Part of the welcoming committee from Richmond that met and led Debbie and Natalie into the city. A southern gent originally from Tennessee.

William: Urologist from Third Avenue, New York City.


Book 1:

Alice Scott: David's daughter, who feels protective of her dad and feels it necessary to help him whether he wants it or not.

Amy Holmes: Alice's closest friend, she's a nerdish tomboy who dreams of becoming a superheroine. Usually follows Alice's lead because Alice typically undertakes more aggressive tasks.

Betty (Betts) Bennett: A friend of Linda Scott's and mother of Sara, one of Alice's schoolmates. When Linda seeks out her ex-husband after the initial meteor story, she accompanies her, though he feels it necessary to return to check on her family afterwards.

Blossom Elmsford: Flora's 15-year-old sister who died when her house collapsed.

Bob Lind: A blind friend of David's who he turns to when the communications network fails. His knowledge of ham radios allows the survivors to stay in radio communications with the world.

Branch Elmsford: Flora's 13-year-old brother who disappeared after their house collapsed, never to be seen again.

Caitlyn Harrison: One of Alice's friends from school, Caitlyn was the 'cute girl' ringleader back at school, but takes a lesser role when things change at David's house.

Prologue »

Close