To Enter Another Reality - Cover

To Enter Another Reality

Copyright© 2015 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 22: The Rebirth

The battle is over, and an eerie silence lays over the aftermath. Still in awe from the awesome show of mystical powers, the friendly forces slowly start to pull their eyes away from the sky. The very sky that had just opened up and swallowed the evil apparition Zarton.

Tork, remembering about his grandfather, turns his head away from the sky and looks towards the peak where moments ago Tomac, the Mystic Wizard of old, had stood, but now the peak is empty and the Mystic Wizard is gone. Tork, not knowing if he will ever see his grandfather again, slumps his head down, wondering if he is now the last of the Mystic Wizards.

Maddox groans, and Kyle and Tork turn towards him then run over to him. He lay mortally wounded on the rocks.

Lynx comes running up, with several of his Stiefelian Foot Soldiers, with the word that all the Clan Soldiers are dead. Tork, Lynx and Kyle kneel down beside their brave friend to comfort him, not knowing if there is anything they can do for him. From out of the fading purple mist they hear someone walking towards them. It is the White Sorceress. The friendly forces rise to bow to her, but she walks straight pass them without even a glance.

She walks right up to Maddox and says, "My brave Sustos Warrior, loyal friend to the Mystic Wizards, it is not your time to die, you still have much work to do. For your part in saving our land and its people, the Heavenly Gods send you their love."

And then she kneels down beside him, and with her gentle and soft hands she touches Maddox's wounds and almost immediately he begins to heal. It is only moments later that he is standing up with a smile of appreciation a league wide. Kyle wonders to himself if that is the first time he has ever seen Maddox truly smile, and then his train of thought is broken when someone says, "Look."

They all look over, and there they see the old Mystic Wizard Tomac stumbling towards them. Tork runs over to him just as he collapses. Tork throws himself on the ground next to him and puts his great-great grandfather's head into his lap to comfort him, and then he looks to his great-great grandmother for her to come over and save him, too.

She walks over and stands above the dying Mystic Wizard and says, "Come, my love, your time has come. Our time has come."

Then she bends over and grabs his hand and pulls him up, but much to the horror of Tork the lifeless body of his grandfather still lies in his lap, and yet he can see what he thinks to be his spirit rise to the side of the White Sorceress and stand before him.

Then he speaks, "My grandson, Tork Mentor, please do not cry for me. I knew if I was to leave the Lost Mystic Caverns that I would die, and in fact it is all I have dreamed of for nearly two hundred years, and to be back with my love." He looks over to the White Sorceress as he says that. "So now it has come to pass that the Full Circle was to be true, and that the kingdom of Owen will once again be set on the straight and narrow. We must go now."

"No, please don't go. I do not want to be alone." cries Tork.

Both Tomac and Trinity turn to their great-great grandson and say, "Do not worry, our loved one, believe us when we say you will never be alone. As today is your seventeenth birthday, you will never be alone."

Then they start to turn around and walk off into oblivion, but as an after thought they say, "Never let the people forget. Never let them become complacent again. Remember, son, never let the people forget." And then hand and hand the old Mystic Wizard Tomac and the White Sorceress Trinity turn and fade away as they walk off into the arms of the Heavenly Gods.

Tork's head slumps down, then his big friend Maddox comes up and hugs him and Tork buries his head into his chest and starts to cry, but only for a moment, because he knows there is still much work to be done.


At the City of Death the Shadow Riders, the Royal Guard and the Nomadic Clan Warriors have just defeated the last stronghold of the evil Clan Soldiers. As they are preparing to advance into the Rye Mountains, they notice that the sky opens up and a huge golden cloud appears, and then as fast as it appeared it disappears, and then the purple mist starts to fade away. Then the call goes out that the Masters must have been destroyed, and a cheer rings out across the kingdom that will be heard for many decades to come.


It has been several days since the Full Circle, and slowly things are coming together. All the people and all the forces that joined together to defeat the evil are now gathered at the city of Lancer for one final celebration that will see the sending off of Owen's bravest friend and hero, Sir Kyle Whiteknight.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close