To Enter Another Reality - Cover

To Enter Another Reality

Copyright© 2015 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 19: The Calm Before The Storm

The entire kingdom is under siege from the worst storm of the century, with hail stones the size of nuts, and winds strong enough to blow over two hundred year old trees. Flash floods are wiping out whole villages. Massive waves are pounding the coastline, and yet it does not slow down the progress of the three different forces that are preparing to go to war against each other. Of course, truly only two sides exist; good against evil, necessity against desire.

"Master Zomaas, we have just received word that Master Nakoosa is on the eastern coast destroying every village he comes across." "That imbecile cannot even carry out the easiest of orders. I know his pride is wounded for failing at the Cross Over Bridge and being called back here and replaced by a mere mortal human there, but he will suffer dearly if Zarton feels he is acting out against his rule."

"Grand Master Zomaas, do you really think our god Zarton cares about the innocent peasants of this kingdom, or of this world, for that matter?" "Of course he does. If there were not any peasants to turn away from the Heavenly Gods and desecrate, or to just make suffer and their lives a living hell, he would have no purpose here, and we would not have the powers that we do. If he can't make fundamentally good people put negative vibrations into the universe, he would not exist."

"What do you want to do about Master Nakoosa?"

"Let him go. We release him upon this pathetic realm. Plus we cannot dispense with and spare any of us to go and get him and his injured pride at this time. We will deal with him, or at least Zarton will deal with him, when this is all over and our rule is absolute once more. We must continue to ascertain all purposes and prepare for our guests that are coming to destroy us." He gives out an eerie laugh when he says that, and it echoes throughout the halls of the evil fortress.


The Companions are still making their way through the Blackheart Forest surrounded by their pinkish colored force field that is keeping the elements out. Again Kyle will take the shield for several hours, then Tork will take over for a few hours, and they switch back and forth so that they will not run their powers down to the point of making themselves physically sick. They have to reach their destination with the ability to fight. They already have the will.

Together we are stronger, but only if we feed the same line of grace and divinity. "How much longer until the Full Circle?" inquires Kyle.

"Seven days, and we must be in the Rye Mountains ready to attack. The Full Circle begins then." every day Tork's voice is becoming more self-assured. "Do we have enough time to make it there?"

"Yes, Lynx. I have been in this area of the forest before, or at least I think I have. It's hard to tell looking through this strange contraption you wizards have us surrounded with. It makes me feel trapped. I no like to feel trapped." Kyle replies with a smile, "Do not worry, our giant warrior, we will have to take it down several days before we reach the Rye Mountains, or the Masters will be able to pin-point our location through the vibes in the power fields." "Then we should be able to do the same with them, should we not?" "Yes, Tork, I believe that to be true. However, once we get close enough I do not think it will matter much. I mean, is it really going to matter if anybody knows where the other side is? After all, they know where we are headed, and I imagine that they will not want us to reach the evil fortress, so we can expect them to attack us before we get there."

"Are you sure, Kyle? You would think that they would have more power the closer they are to their power source."

"No, I am not sure, Tork, but from what I have seen, they have plenty of power no matter where they are. Though I suppose it does not really matter, because once we lock into mortal combat, one side or the other is going to be destroyed." "You know, I have been wondering how Cantorso is doing and if he has organized the Royal Guard again."

"I think, my little mystical brother, that you are thinking of the beautiful Sarah. If it takes all my power and my life, I will see that you and Sarah have a chance at a decent life together. It is unfair that you, a sixteen year old boy, must be made to grow up so fast and possibly die for a cause that cannot be won without the support and belief of the people."

Maddox and Lynx make the same pledge to see that the young Mystic Wizard named Tork has a chance at love. Or why else would they be fighting at all. "My friends, I am deeply touched by your loyalty and friendship to me, but you must understand that I am not being forced into something that is none of my business. This time is just a continuation of the first war, and we are this kingdom's last hope. I would not want to live in an oppressed world, and I most assuredly would not have my love to live in such a place any longer. I will gladly die so that she might live free." "You are not a boy any longer, you are truly a Mystic Wizard."


General Cantorso and his four hundred and sixty men are steadily making their way through the fierce storm.

General Banyon and his seventy Desert Clan Warriors are riding right along with them, with the feeling of a pride that they have not felt in their entire lifetime.

General Maze and his hundred Stiefel warriors walk, jog, and easily keep up with the other alliance forces.

General Stolks and his fifty Shadow Riders are well ahead of the other forces, weaving in and out, back and forth, looking for any Marauders or Clan Soldiers to attack. Stolks comes to the conclusion that a fifty man force is too big to be an effective guerrilla attack force, so he gives command of twenty-five of them to Colonel Terse.

They split up into two separate groups and start carrying out their own missions. With the orders that they will meet well outside the city of Minsk, regroup there, and wait for the rest of the alliance forces to reach them, and then they will continue their present tactics all the way to the Rye Mountains.


"Master Zomaas, Master Akmora is here to see you."

"Let him in, let him in. Master Akmora, my friend, how goes the grand efforts and raids on the rebellious forces?" Masters Zomaas and Akmora are the oldest of the Masters, and with their peppered colored hair and beards they look more like brothers than evil cohorts.

"Grand Master, I have just returned from the Cross Over Bridge. From what I could ascertain, the General has been defeated and the rebels are now in control of the bridge. I attacked everything I thought looked important to their advance, but the storm became too strong for my Fire Dragons to stay aloft.

"On the way back here I thought I saw a long column of soldiers heading this way, but I could not be sure, for the storm has clouded even my vision. It was as if more than just the storm was working against me. As soon as the storm subsides I will once again begin my attacks."

"That is less than spectacular news, brother. Even though with our glory and mastery we have nothing to fear from those rebellious traitors, I was hoping that the General would hold them until we defeated the young Mystic Wizard and his companions here. But no worry, we will detach a contingence of Clan Soldiers to the city of Minsk, and we will have them adhere to our wishes and have them halt them there until we are ready to send them to their deaths.

"Master Akmora, get your dragons flying again as soon as the weather permits it. Track and attack the enemy forces on this side of the Maloose River. Do what ever you have to do to slow them down and impede their journey."

"Yes, Grand Master. As soon as the storm subsides I will send our grand retribution on swift wings, and make them all pay for their rebellious ways." "Good, good. Servant, call the Captain of Arms here at once." "Yes, Grand Master."

"You called for me, Grand Master?"

"Yes, Captain, I want you to take a contingent of soldiers to Minsk and join up with the contingence that is already there. There is a column of enemy soldiers supposedly headed that way. You will delay them there for as long as you can, is that understood?"

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close