|1 2 3 4|
I could come up with many excuses, busy etc. Fact is I don't feel like writing right now.
Congrats to those who got all the answers to Chapter 3 pop quiz: rkb2745, xofdallas, pbsilver, rph58 and a honorable mention to BuickGS for best defense of a wrong answer.
1. Who did Bill McGarry fly for in real life? Flying Tigers
2. What book was about the window washer? How succeed in business without really trying.
3. What was the name of movie about World War II submariners? Up Periscope the most missed question. Warner Brother filmography shows that movie was released early 1960 so was filming at studio in 1959.
4. Who as George Burill in real life? First sheriff of Los Angeles County.
5. In the first Mr. Magoo cartoons he was a take-off of this real life person. He sounded like W.C. Fields, but spoke nasty like Senator Joseph McCarthy.
6. Rip Robertson was a leader in what famous real life event? Bay of Pigs was what I was looking for, but accepted overthrowing of a central American government and sinking a British ship accidently. Thought it was Russian.
Chapter 4 Pop Quiz
1. Who did Rick pull from the water at the Santa Monica Pier?
2. What book was Wormold in?
3. Who did Rick cross swords with?
4. Who did Mum teach the head-slap to?
5. What did the real-life Bill Spurgeon do?
6. Who was that Madison Avenue guy?
7. What songs did Rick and his friends listen to?
Just posted Chapter 2. Won't promise any sort of schedule. That said goal is chapter every two weeks.
I'm starting to get 'write faster' emails. No problem with that, but here's the deal. When I was issuing a chapter a week I was not working, it was therapy. Now I'm doing contract work part time, about half my time. At this point I just finished Chapter Three. Unless it is derailed my plan is to start issuing Chapters every other week starting the Friday of the last week of March. As it is said, you can have it cheap and fast, cheap and good, fast and good, but not all three at once. In this case cheap and good is the only options available.
I am going to post the first chapter of Richard Jackson Saga: Tenth Grade today. This story is going to be eighteen chapters long and about 180,000 words. It will take place in September - December 1959.
This chapter is the longest and was the most difficult to write as I had to reread everything I have written to try to keep the storyline continuity straight. I invite and beg for comments, observations or corrections on the time line, as the more I get correct now the less problems in the future.
I have just about completed Chapter 2, so I don't have much depth to work with. I want to be up to Chapter 5 before posting Chapter 2, so don't expect it much before March 2017. I am taking January off from work so will write, but after that will only have one week off a month so it will be slow going.
Consider Chapter 1 as a Christmas present. For those who don't believe in Christmas, take it as a seasonal gift. Those who don't believe in gifts send money.
Enjoy as another school year starts.
|1 2 3 4|